North Carolina Babies
Options

I've got a hair puller.

Tongue Tied

Yesterday, Holly's DC report card said "did a little hair pulling today." DH talked to the teachers when he picked her up, and found out she had pulled the hair of two boys in her class. The teachers pretty much said it was normal toddler behavior, and while they corrected her, she didn't get time out or anything this time. I assume if it happens again, she will. They pretty much brushed it off, and we got a laugh about it, but at the same time, can't help but worry that this will become a thing...

She's never shown any sort of aggressive behavior towards friends (or us), so I hope this was just a fluke. I don't want her to be "that kid." Last night we talked about how we are nice to our friends, how we should hug and love our friends, etc. I don't guess there's anything else we can do unless we personally catch her in the act, right?

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: I've got a hair puller.

• Options

I think you are right, all you can do is talk to her about being nice to her friends and then address it if it comes up with you.  They will take care of it at daycare.  That is where we stand with biting right now.  We feel horrible, but the daycare instructor assured us it is normal, he is not the only one doing it, and that we can't really do anything more at home unless he does it to us.  I hope once his molars are completely through he will stop, but it feels horrible when the sheet says "Ben bit twice three four times today." Embarrassed 

ETA: twice and three should have a strikethrough but it is not showing up.

My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think it is just the age. They all like to try and test their boundaries to see what they can get away with and also are still learning/exploring everything they can grab and pull or chew on. Unless you catch her in the act at home there is not a lot you can do for now. Hang in there!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Normal for her age. In our house we are big fans of keeping our hands to ourselves. My older DD very much likes her personal space & gets very upset if someone that she doesn't want hugging her hugs her. 

All you can do is teach her what she should do & correct her if you see her pull hair. Good luck! 

• Options
    imagesms297:

Normal for her age. In our house we are big fans of keeping our hands to ourselves. My older DD very much likes her personal space & gets very upset if someone that she doesn't want hugging her hugs her. 

All you can do is teach her what she should do & correct her if you see her pull hair. Good luck! 

Good point. I guess we should focus on "we're nice to our friends" more than "we hug our friends." Ugh... trying to think of everything in terms of how a toddler understands it is tough sometimes...

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"