TTC after 35
Options

HSG was clear, follie check on Friday

So the nurse practitioner who did my HSG said everything looked open and great so we are on for the IUI this month. I go Friday a.m. for an ultrasound to do a follie check...it occurs to me that I don't really know why they are doing this.  Do they want to make sure follicles are developing and I'm going to ovulate.  I would hope there is more than one right? Or is that only when you are doing an egg retrieval?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: HSG was clear, follie check on Friday

• Options

I've not done an IUI but I  assume you are doing injections or clomid/femara with your IUI, right?

I do just injections w/TI and they do an u/s check for me. It's to make sure you have no cyst, your lining is good, and your follies are growing/developing properly. I'm going to assume they will do another one before the IUI. I was checked every few days before they have me do a trigger and they also took blood each time to check my hormone level. 

Good luck!! 

• Options
    Congrats, I'm so glad you get the go ahead on this cycle! What meds are you on and are you doing TI or IUI?
    1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on open tubes! yippee for a plan
    "Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Options
    Congrats for clear and patent tubes! Good luck with the IUI!
  • Options
    When I had my IUIs, they checked my follicles every few days to make sure they were developing and to be sure i had a few good ones. But i was on injectables, not sure how it works otherwise. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on 'passing' the HSG with flying colors! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just wanted to say GL!
  • Options
    Yaaay!! All the best to you!!!
  • Options
    jcathjcath member

Thanks!  I took femara CD 3-7 and then I have a prescription for Ovidrel if I don't get a +OPK.  I think the plan is only to do this one follie check..I guess unless something goes wrong with that one.

• Options
    congrats on the HSG! I blieve they are looking for 2 or 3 follicles? i cant remember!!
  • Options

Thats great news, good luck this cylce, bump power!!!  I cant wait to get a plan and GET A MOVE ON!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"