Postpartum Depression

When will it go away?

I had PPD/PPA after my daughter was born. Got on meds and was fine. Went off meds a few months ago and was fine. Now I'm back where I started. I'm hanging on by a thred.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When will it go away?

• It may not go away without treatment.

Who prescribed the meds? Can you get in to see them (soon)?

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm going in tomorrow...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Our babies are aboutthe same age I see. I am feeling the same as you. I went off of Zoloft in May and start on a mood stabilizer. It's not helping. It used to be zoloft made me "flat" and emotionless, now all I do is have meltdowns...
    Married 10-12-08, DS born 08-23-09, BFP 01-05-13 resulted in a MC 01-09-13 BFP 02-15-13 EDD 10-28-13 Lilypie Maternity tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • First of all, I hope that your appointment with the doctor gives you some good insight and help. Secondly, there is certainly no harm in staying on meds. If you aren't OK without them, I would stay on them as long as you need to.

When I got put on Zoloft and Lamictal after my daughter was born, I was on Lamictal for 12 months but I was on Zoloft (Then switched to Celexa) for 3 years before I was able to wean myself down. The way I see it, it's better to be a happy, medicated mommy than a depressed, unmedicated one!

I hope you feel better soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"