Maryland Babies

What is your day like?

Mon-Fri I feel like we are just surviving day-to-day.  The only time I don't feel rushed is around 8 when John is in bed and even then there is stuff to do to get ready for tomorrow.  What is your typical daily schedule?  I think we've talked about this before, but my brain is fried.

5-7am is a combination of pumping, showering, getting myself ready, getting the dogs walked and fed, cats fed, John up and ready to go (which includes getting him dressed, fed, bottles ready for DC, any anything extra for DC like wipes, diapers, clothes that he needs)

7-8ish commute to work (I also pump 2 to 3 times at work)

8-4 work, w/o a lunch break so I can use that 30 minutes to leave early and spend with John

4-5:15 commute home (for some reason it takes an extra 15 minutes on my way home, must be the weird metro schedule)

5:15-5:45 pick John up, come home put his stuff away/clean bottles.  Pump again

5:45-7/8 play with John, and try to get a few things done around the house

7/8 Put John to bed, although we alternate nights so neither of us feel slighted

after that it is usually making dinner, doing some cleaning, laundry, pay bills, all that fun domestic stuff and trying to get in some time to relax and then bed anytime between 9:30 and 11 depending on how we feel.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What is your day like?

• 6:15...alarm clock goes off

7:00...nurse LO before leaving

7:45...arrive at work

10:00...pump 15-20 minutes

12:30...leave to go to my mom's to meet DH so I can nurse LO.  I have to wait until my mom gets home from work before I can leave...obviously.

3:00...pump 10-15 minutes

4:15...leave work

4:25...arrive at my moms

5-5:30..arrive home

5:45...nurse LO

6:00...freeze milk from today, wash bottles, thaw milk for next day

6:30-6:45...fed LO a fruit

7:00...tummy time...play time...or *gasp* we watch television

7:30-7:45...nurse LO again

8:30...bath time...I take a bath with him so I have more time in the morning

9-10:00...LO finally goes to sleep

3:00-4:00...LO wakes up to eat...sometimes he goes right back to sleep...other times he wants to play/sing/talk etc

DH works 3pm until he's done, so I'm home alone in the evenings.  I'm certainly tired!

• that's pretty much my day too

Up between 5:30 and 6:30 - get my breakfast and DD's meals packed

DD is up around 6:45-7 - she leaves around 7:10 w/ DH, I shower and dress after they leave - out the door myself by 7:30

Get to work about 9- here until 5

Train/commuting/picking up E 5-6:30

Home around 6:45 w/ her - and then frantically give her some dinner and put her to bed by 7:30-8.

That hour after coming home is the best and worst hour of my day. 

DH gets on my nerves some nights though b/c he's trying to relax and have a drink, watch the Simpsons or something while Ella desperately wants to go outside, eat and play w/ the cat all at the same time and I can barely get her bags from daycare unpacked and I'm tired from the day too and would love to just chill out on the sofa for 30 minutes too, but its just not possible.

Pick up E

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it feels really crazy when you have a little baby and you are pumping al the time too.  I bet once you stop pumping it will feel a little less hectic.  DD stayed up until 8:30 on Saturday night and it was sooo nice.  It felt like we could have dinner and not be frantic.  I know when she's a little older and can stay up later it will make the nights a little easier too.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Well my schedule has definitely changed from last week. But here goes...

5:30/5:45 wake up, shower, get ready

6:00 make my lunch, prepare A's bottles for daycare and for Breakfast, feed dogs, let dogs out/in.

6:10/6:15 change A and feed A or sometimes DH will feed her so I can get all my crap together.

6:50 we leave for Daycare

7:30 arrive at work

7:30-12:00 I work (LOL)

12:00/12:30 lunch

12:30-4:00 work 

4:20/4:30 pick up A from Daycare

5:30 we eat dinner together

5:45-6:45 take a walk or play downstairs in basement, whatever is cooler.

6:45/7:30 Give A a bath, change into pj's, feed and read to her. Cuddle too. 

7:30/8:00 put A to bed. Now I've been putting her in crib awake and she will fuss a little bit, but I stick the paci in and walk away. She will fall asleep herself. Thank gosh. 

8:00/9:15 clean up the house, relax w/DH before he leaves at 9p for work. 

9:15/9:30 I go to bed. Yes I go to bed early because some nights she wakes up wanting a bottle or to be cuddling. 

I feel very overwhelmed, but right now this scheduled works for us. 

• 6a- My alarm goes off....DH has been long gone since 4:30ish usually

6:30a- I actually get up

6:30a-7:15ish- I rush to get ready ahead of the baby waking up, shower, hair, makeup, get dressed, walk the dog, eat breakfast, and prepare her bottle...this has backfired on me now two days in a row...if DD wakes up during this time, I will stop what I am doing and start her routine and when my MIL gets to the house, I will hand over DD and resume my routine until I leave for work

7:15a- Wake up DD, change, and feed her in her rocker in her room

7:45a- Go downstairs and cuddle with DD or play a bit

8a- MIL arrives (this ends on Friday as my mom moves in for the summer this weekend!)

8:10a- I leave for work

8:30a- Arrive at work, ponder every day how I can work less and make more

3:30p- DH usually arrives home to relieve MIL

4ish- Leave work

4:30ish- I arrive home, except starting soon on Mon and Thurs. nights, I will go straight from work to a private practice to work from 5-9p...I must be nuts.

4:30-8p- Eat a snack, play with DD, sometimes take a family walk together, watch her meltdown half the time since it is the end of the day and she is usually fighting the last nap, give DD a bath three nights a week, give her last bottle, cuddles and read, and then she goes to bed between 7:30-8p

8-8:30p- DH and I just started doing workout videos together

8:30-10p- Make and eat dinner, clean up from dinner, make lunches for tomorrow (DH does this), and clean and prepare bottles for tomorrow, light cleaning, watch a little tv, walk the dog, then bed...although I have been staying up lately until 11ish or so to catch up on my shows

We are working on trying to work out when we first get home, rather than later, if DD would take a nap during that time...sometimes she does, other times she does not.  I don't like eating right before working out so that is why dinner is so late.  I don't like that either and would like to change that.  All major cleaning is now getting done on the weekends, along with grocery shopping.  I feel like I am on autopiliot during the week and this going back to work thing sucks.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • I also feel like I am just surviving the weekdays lately.  Autopilot is a great way to describe it!

5:30 ish:  Nurse (I'm usually 1/2 asleep for this feeding, lol.) Snooze a little more with DS in our bed.

6:15:  DH is up, showers, gets ready and is out of the house by 6:45/7.

6:45:  I'm up, showering, getting ready.

7:30:  Nurse and then pump.  (Sometimes I pump after 5:30 if I'm awake and DS is awake.  Just depends how the night before went!)

8:05:  DS and I are out the door, at DCP by 8:20.

8:30 - 5:  I'm at work. I "work" through lunch because I'm already taking like an hour break to pump 3 times a day!

Anytime between 3-5, depending on his schedule:  DH picks up DS from DCP.  He starts dinner.

5:15:  I'm home (I have an awesome commute!)   Nurse DS while DH finishes dinner.

5:40-6:  We eat.   

6 - 7:  Play with DS and try to get in all of my quality time for the whole entire day into one stinking hour.

7:  Start bedtime - bath 3-4 days/week, jammies, books, nurse.  

7:45:  DS is usually sleeping, DH and I usually divide and conquer the dishes, making lunches, washing and making bottles for DC, packing stuff for DC, cleaning up a bit, a load of laundry, you know...all the crap that needs to be done.

10:  Pump and then into bed...same reasons as PP - I have to go to bed early because it is never a sure thing that DS will sleep and I need to get in a few good hours.  :( 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Life moves way too fast and it is just way too busy!

I get up during the night sometime to feed and that sets the stage for the day.  So it never is the same.  H gets up more at the morning time feeding but he still gets to come back to bed after.  This week I've been up at 715/730 and I pump/shower/feed her.

My work schedule is all screwy right now, so everything isn't necessarily in place or smooth yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"