Boston Babies

Winchester OB?GYN-what to expect?

I am a fairly new patient here, and PG with our 1st.  What can I expect as normal course for U/S and appointments throughout pregnancy?  How many U/S ? How often do they schedule appointments? 

Did you choose to meet with different Drs to get to know them in case they delivered for you ? 

feel free to PM me if you prefer.

TIA!

Re: Winchester OB?GYN-what to expect?

• I'm a new patient there as well (1st PG), so I know very little. They won't see you until at least 10 wks, but you can go for an u/s at 8 wks. The u/s office is in Woburn at West Cummings Park. I was just there last Friday and they were SO nice! I was nervous about having to do a transvaginal u/s but if you are at least 8 wks then they try the abdominal first. I didn't know this until I got there and I was thrilled that the abdominal u/s worked! Anyway I don't have my 1st OB appt until July 13th and they've told me that it's w/ the NP, not the OB. I did select Dr. Bose as my OB based on some recommendations but I haven't done any "interviewing." If for some reason I'm not happy with my experience then I will cross that bridge when I get to it...that's how I look at it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm 25 weeks, just started there with this pregnancy at about 10 weeks.  It has been good so far - I had my first ultrasound at 13 weeks, which was the "ultra screen."  Then another at 18 weeks which was the big one where they look at all the baby's anatomy (and tell you the sex if you want to know!).  I absolutely love the lab/radiology dept down the hall from the OB's office - everyone there is so nice and great at what they do.  Win OB/GYN has been good too.  Appointments are monthly for me now, not sure when they get more frequent.  Appts are pretty quick and to the point.  I have only met my Dr. (Waters) and Kim the NP so far and both are nice and knowledgeable.  I have heard good things about most of the MDs there from family and friends, so it seems like a good spot!  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 21 weeks, and went through the same things at jewelsagem..

everyone is very nice and met with my Dr .. which is Dr. Waters also and also with Kim the NP( I really like the NP).. 

The appts are quick, and after my big u/s(which was at 17 1/2 weeks) .. i dont have any more scheduled.. just meet monthly with the doc.. (this month im meeting with dr bose since it worked better with my schedule which i like since anyone could be delivering me.. )

i was kinda disappointed i wouldnt be getting any more u/s . .but i guess thats normal!

jewelsagem. .where do you work? im a RN and live in woburn(on the burlington line)..do you know what you are doing for daycare if you are going back to work?

photo camannouncement2.jpg

Mom to Cameron, 3 years old

TTC: 1 year
    1/2013: Chemical m/c 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hey jlove - I work in Wellesley (as an NP!) and will be going back to work after roughly 8-11 weeks.  I think we have narrowed it down to Burlington Daycare and Nursery over near Burl Mall.  Its a center, less expensive than the rest, and had a lot of good qualities.  Good nurse hours too as they open at 7 and close at 6!  The whole process has been hard....I probably called 20 home daycares and noone had infant spots, or if they did they had limited hours.  Hopefully this will be a good choice!  I wasn't able to reserve an actual spot but am on a waiting list.  Do you know what you're doing yet? 
  • I called a bunch of places too . .really want a home daycare.. but like you all infant spots seems to not be avaiable.. and I also need one that allows me to drop off a 615 .. i didnt realize it would be so difficult....  GL :o)

photo camannouncement2.jpg

Mom to Cameron, 3 years old

TTC: 1 year
    1/2013: Chemical m/c 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"