Boston Babies

Is there a proper age for a Baptism

My husband and I are expecting our first end of Oct/beg Nov. We will be having a baptism and it seems the only time all of our family will be present is during Christmas. Would this be too soon to have a Baptism? Is the timing off, should I try and wait till after the holiday and hope all of our family will be able to attend?

Re: Is there a proper age for a Baptism

• I think 'back in the day', as they say, a Baptism was very soon after birth.  I'm told when I was born (mid 60's), parent's didn't take their baby out until being baptized.

We had DD baptized at 5 mos, and DS at one month.  Both were based on when family was available.  I even asked the church if DS was too young and the woman in the office said, "uh - no." as if she wasn't sure she really heard the question right!  I can tell you, at both my children's baptisms, there were babies as young as DS and even older children - one child was clearly a walking/talking toddler.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Thank you for helping me out and understanding my concerns.  Glad to know that our daughter can be really be any age for her Baptism and I shouldn't worry about it. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"