Kentucky Babies

Registry vent ... long

After starting a registry at Target and Baby's R Us online, a friend asked if I'd start one and Wal-Mart, since my shower is in Frankfort and there's no Target or BRU here. I hate Wal-Mart, but people love the convenience of shopping there, so I decided to get it started on-line, too. I decided to register last weekend at the stores for the remaining items I want, but we wound up driving around Lex too long to get any of it done, so we went to Old Navy and bought maternity clothes instead. This wkend DH and I head to Wal-Mart in hopes of finishing our registry. No such luck.

You see, Frankfort doesn't have the "guns" needed for registering, though that wasn't a problem, according to the man behind the counter in the Customer Service dept. He explained to DH (I was in the bathroom) that all you needed to do was take all the items you wanted to register for and take them up front for the girl to scan, along with the registry print-out and it would automatically add them to our registry. 2hrs later I have to pee again. We're done with picking things out, so I send DH up to handle the adding to the registry. When I return the girl asks if we're buying everything on our registry.

Do what? Buying? No, we're adding. Uh, no, that's not how it works. Since the new remodel Wal-Mart of Frankfort doesn't have the guns for the registering and therefore you can't add anything to your registry. She calls for a manager. After a very long time one finally comes over, tells us she's right, that there's no way to add anything and walks away. No apology, no voiding items, nothing. She sees DH fuming mad and runs to another co-worker and starts chit-chatting away.We leave. DH goes to DQ to get himself comfort food (reeses blizzard, extra stuff!) and we head home.

The following day we decide to delete our Wal-Mart registry and head on to Target to finish there. Lexington Target has three kiosks to find your registry. They have 20 or so guns to add to your registry. An hour after trying to get a single kiosk to work, promises of assistance from three employees, yet no help from ANYONE there to fiddle with their obviously broken machines (one's out of paper, one's out of ink, one simply states it's out of order), we leave. Fuming mad. I'm in tears. The shower is about a month away, the invites haven't gone out yet, and we still have to finish our registries.

We go across the street to BRU to finish that registry, at least. As soon as we walk in we were greeted by smiling faces and people sincerely wanting to help. I told them I was headed to the registry dept and pointed to the sign. One of the girls frowns and says, "Oh, I'm sorry, it's down right now." I start to tear up. She quickly adds, "But if you'll go right over there to Customer Service they'll get you started on our back-up system."

4hrs later, we are registered for everything we need and then some! DH and DS spent 3hrs playing in the toys section and we all left happy, though I was super hungry. Every time I turned around, if there was a sales associate walking by, they'd smile a huge smile and say, "Can I help you find anything?" I am in love with that store!

Re: Registry vent ... long

• Sorry you had such an awful experience.  I hate Wal-Mart too and refuse to step foot in their stores, so I don't care who wants me to register there, I will not be doing it.

If you really needed another place to register Burlington Coat Factory has a pretty nice Baby dept.  I'm not sure where they are located though. And I haven't registered yet, so I don't know how their registry is.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd heard someone else mention registering there on the October Mom's board. I had no idea they even had a baby registry! Thanks for the advice. I think we're going to just stick with Target and BRU and anyone who wants to get us something locally, hopefully either we love it or they'll bring a gift receipt. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"