Special Needs
Options

Child with Special Needs

My 3 year old daughter was diagnosed with Opposition Defiance Disorder because she has developmental delays and i have a 9 month old son, and she gets jealous if I split the attention between the two of them. She is very destructive, and I am scared that she can hurt her little brother. Any suggestions????

Re: Child with Special Needs

• Options

She was seen by a speech pathologist and she does have receptive language disorder, she was seen by a psychologist, and determined that she has odd because of her temper tantrums. She is enrolled in a daycare that works with special needs children, however she has made a lot of progress in 6 months, however she has her set-backs.  when she does not get her way, she goes into temper tantrums, she talks back, and gets very disrespectful. 

As far as her injuring my son, she gets too pushy sometimes about play, and i have to remove her.  When she doesnt have her temper tantrums, she is an angel.  She and lcp get along without her having temper tantrums.  She needs to have a behavorial plan and i journal everything she does and her behavor.

Thanks for your help!!

-Leslie

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"