Oregon Babies

Father's Day??

So, we were supposed to still be camping on Father's Day so I made no plans to do anything. I already gave him his present too as I thought we'd be gone. (He loved it) Just wondering what everyone else's plans are for the day?? Or if you have any suggestions at all. I know nothing about Portland and where to go for good food or anything special so any ideas are welcome! Smile 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Father's Day??

• I live in Portland too and have lived her most of my life. Too bad the weather isn't going to be nicer her this weekend. There are a lot of great places to eat but depends on what he likes. 

A couple breakfast/brunch ideas are:

- original house of pancakes..located off of Barbur Blvd. It is cash only and no reservations, but worth the wait and food. Love the gigantic bowl of strawberries and whip cream there.

- Heathman Hotel - downtown on broadway has really great breakfast/brunch.

Dessert/treat:

- saint cupcake

- papa hayden's - on 23rd avenue

Good  burger:

- Helvetia Tavern - very casual dining experience out in the country with beautiful scenery. Hwy 26 west to Helvetia road. Very cheap too. 

• We're going to the Beaver's baseball game tomorrow afternoon! Should be fun!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLuv2Run1st:

- Helvetia Tavern - very casual dining experience out in the country with beautiful scenery. Hwy 26 west to Helvetia road. Very cheap too. 

Mmmm I love Helvetia. We haven't been there in awhile. Kind of want to "go" somewhere though and that's just down the road a bit. Looking for something maybe downtown? And something to do after.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • You could go to the Pearl District and then head to the beaver game afterwards.  I think this is the last season the beavers are playing in PGE park.  You can always go to one of the breweries for lunch -- like Deschutes Brewery, or The Rogue.  Hop on the streetcar and stop by the park there - Tanner springs park and make your way to NW 23rd, then go to PGE Park.  Hopefully it won't be pouring rain tomorrow!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • NW 23rd has a lot of shops and restaurants that are good. It's fun to park down there and just walk around, but if he doesn't like shopping, then not such a good idea. Lol. There's a cosmo mini golf place that's a lot of fun downtown too called Glowing Greens. Everything is black light, I bet Kayleigh wouldn't know what to think! :) What else....Jake's steak house is supposed to be really good, though I have never been there. Ringside too. OMSI is fun too! For adults and kids. The planetarium is pretty cool and so is the OMNImax theater. Saturday market is going on all weekend. That's free to go to and definitely fun. Lots of food and stuff to look at. I will send you a message if I think if some more stuff. :)
  • NW Kids has some suggestions. Hope you find something great to do.

https://emailer.emailroi.com/r.pl?6e9Hgp8oth5qVRik_45e6256f65b30af8 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"