New to The Bump
Options

How do you know when...

How do you know when you're ready for a baby?  DH & I are newly weds and are not going to TTC for a couple more years but I was just curious for some examples of when you and your SO "knew" it was the "right" time.  Any helpful tips of preparation are welcome!

Re: How do you know when...

• Options

That's a personal decision, and it depends on what your priorities are. Some people want to be really financially ready, some want to be physically ready, some want some alone time with their spouse first, some have a biological clock that's ticking.

We always knew we wanted kids. We waited until 6 months after the wedding just to have some time for us. Turned into 4 1/2 years, so there's that...

• Options
    CTri17CTri17 member

I don't know if you know.

At one point we said we were just going to see what happened and when we got pregnant we were a little surprised it was so fast.

Now we can't imagine life without DD.

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had a certain amount of money in mind that we wanted in the bank before we started TTC, we wanted to visit Europe with just the two of us, baby-free and both wanted to be done with our masters degrees.
  • Options
    It is def. a personal issue. But it seems that in my experience I waited to have children to find out this doesn't always happen when you want it! DH and I have been trying for sometime now. It seems there is never the right time - only in God's Time sweetie. Hope that helps! ;)
    Success after Infertility! Clomid & IUI November 2010
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Honestly, about 4 months after our wedding, something in me just "clicked".  All of a suddent, all I could think about was babies.  I delicately broached the subject with DH and we decided to pull the goalie about a month later.  It took us 8 months to get pregnant.  GL to you!
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options

That is how I feel right now.  I have babies on the brain - ALL the time!  When you said it just "clicked" that made a lot of sense to me - I can totally relate! 

Thank you!

• Options
    Thank you, Ladies for all of your advice!  It was very helpful and much appreciated! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"