LGBT Parenting
Options

PIP Thursday (and PCP/TTC/ATP Weds updates :))

Anyone have updates or pics to share? It was great seeing everyone's pics last week! Smile
married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure

Re: PIP Thursday (and PCP/TTC/ATP Weds updates :))

• Options

oh my goodness - how in the world are the twins 3 months already?  I cant get over it.  We're all going to be raising teenagers soon.

Things are trucking along at thier normal insanity pace for us.  We had a case management conference for the kids.  Mom didn't show, but I got to brag about how well the kids were thriving.  We've officially been named as thier adoptive back-up (not that that means anything this early in the case).  Yesterday we spent the day at the local children's hospital where Sprout had some pretty extensive oral surgery. It was a bit hairy while we were there, but as soon as we got home, he was back to his typical self.  He's so strong and brave, he amazes me (and he already asked to go back to school today!). 

Rosebud is still teething - she hasn't gotten a moment's reprieve in the past month - its awful. But aside from that she's doing great.  We even had a huge turn-around in solids eating.  Before last week I was the only person who could feed her solids and even at that, she was only eating an ounce or two a day.  Well, some type of lightbulb went off and now she can't get enough, its awesome!  we've even tried a little BLW, though my irrational choking fear is still firmly in place Stick out tongue

And I was asked to take an 18 month old last night - another family ended up snatching him up (and they really were the better fit) - but it was fun to consider the what ifs :)

• Options

Glad that Sprout came through the surgery okay. That has got to be rough at that age!

imagectbride08:
    oh my goodness - how in the world are the twins 3 months already?  I cant get over it.  We're all going to be raising teenagers soon.

It sure feels like it! I can hardly believe the twins are 3 months already myself! Thanks for the PIP idea... Here is their 3 month picture:

(full size here)

I posted their 1-month and 2-month photos on the blog (the "month by month" page)-- it surprises me to see how quickly they've grown!

ETA: The update is on you, S, since little J has decided he would prefer to not nap this afternoon. Stick out tongue

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I actually have a picture this week--We had our baby Monday night. His name is Eli and we are totally in love with him. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OMG he is so cute.  Congratulations!
  • Options

Awwww he is so cute.

• Options
    I don have a pic this week were still unpacking and getting settle in the new house but baby Chase is such a busy little boy all ready... I toss and turn all night now cause he is all over the place but I still get that happy feeling when he moves it so un real that I'm going to be a mom.
  • Options
    Not much going on still trucking through the end on very little sleep.  I wish everyone at work would stop telling me I am not going to make it another 6 weeks.  I know there are women who look more preggo than me out there!  Its just because I gained like everything in the front..thank goodness! I found out my STD benefits rock IF I can make it to the 20th of July...I am sure I can especially since it means I will receive 100% of my pay instead of 60%!!!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

These babies are so freaking cute. Almost makes me want to have another. ;)

Not a lot different here (life doesn't change that much from week to week as your kids get older!) but a conversation with a few new mom friends spurned this FYI -

For new moms:

When your baby is new, people ask about your birth, if you are breastfeeding, if you use co-sleep, if you CIO....whatever....and pass judgement - sometimes making you feel less than because you weren't able/chose not to breastfeed or less of a mom because you had a c-section vs "natural" childbirth (I am not sure what is unnatrual about how a baby is born), or wrong because...name your issue.

This will pass. In a few years no one will care how you gave birth (or didn't!) or how your child was fed for the first year, or any of the hot button topics that arise. When your child is young, the focus is on you as the parents and less on the actual child - but as your child grows, it becomes less about you and more about your child. I have no idea how their friends in preschool were conceived/birthed/fed/slept - but I do know who my kids adore, who they get in trouble with, and who they play with on the playground. :)

So when you are feeling that you didn't/aren't doing the popular thing that everyone thinks you should be doing - do what is right for your family and don't feel guilty. Being a parent is hard enough without people making you feel less than.

...stepping off my soapbox :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

ct-I'm so glad Sprout is okay

lnelson-Congratulations! He is beautiful.

twb-Those are some adorbale babies! I just want to squeeze them.

2brides-Fantastic advice! I never knew motherhood came with such guilt and having to defend every choice you make.

It's looking more and more like we will get to adopt PBS! We are excited but nervous about the long road until finalization.  LMC's case is slowly dragging along, though I hear it's looking better and better for us. It could go either way though and it scares me to death. I am a praying fiend, G-D must be sick of hearing from me! 

We are still trying to figure out the best time to TTC. It's so hard with the girls cases up in the air. I am thinking fall but it will really depend how far we have gotten with the homestudy. I think I will just know when the time is right, even though the wait is killing me, I have to trust that my time will come.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"