3rd Trimester
Options

Placenta Previa at 34 weeks

Hi all,

I just had an appointment yesterday, and they confirmed that I have complete placenta previa now at 34 weeks. It actually started out low lying, moved to partial previa and is now a complete previa (luckily no bleeding or anything). My OB said it's unlikely to move at this point, so we will probably schedule a c-section at my next appointment. Has anyone had any experience with this? Are there differences between a c-section for previa and a normal scheduled c-section? When do they typically schedule the c-section if you have placenta previa?

TIA!

Re: Placenta Previa at 34 weeks

• Options
    I had a c-section because of partial previa, but as far as I know there is no difference. Glad you have not had any bleeding and they caught it before you went into labor.I know you probably think a c-section sucks, but it is really not as bad as you think it may be. When planned it feels so relaxed and no one is in a hurry. GL I would think they will deliver your LO at 38 weeks.
  • Options

Placenta Previa C-sections are done around the same time normal ones are unless you have other complications. They still want to give baby the longest time possible in the womb to grow.

The only thing I've heard about being different with placenta previa c-sections is your ribs will hurt after. My mom had one with my little brother and because the baby was so high they ended bruising her rib cage a little. So we got some extra ice packs so she could have some on her incision and some on the bottom of her ribs. I bet not all are that way but maybe to something to prepare yourself for.

Hope all goes well.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I had complete previa but it finally moved at 26 weeks. I was told though that if it didn't move then they would schedule my c-section at 38 weeks (maybe 37, I can't remember exactly) because they wouldn't want to risk me going into labor on my own. The only differences I have heard are the incision may have to be vertical as opposed to horizontal. I am sure everything will be fine. I would just obviously bring up these concerns at your next appointment.

GL! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageKimmy1836:

I had complete previa but it finally moved at 26 weeks. I was told though that if it didn't move then they would schedule my c-section at 38 weeks (maybe 37, I can't remember exactly) because they wouldn't want to risk me going into labor on my own. The only differences I have heard are the incision may have to be vertical as opposed to horizontal. I am sure everything will be fine. I would just obviously bring up these concerns at your next appointment.

GL! 

It depends on your doctor. My mom's is in the same spot as an other c-section right on the "bikini" line.

• Options

I have marginal placenta previa and I am at 32 weeks.  I go back in 3 weeks for an ultrasound to see if it has moved and if it hasn't then I will be scheduled for a c-section.  The doctor said my c-section would likely be scheduled for around 39 weeks. I think they would schedule a c-section sooner if you were having a lot of bleeding.

I am trying to remain hopeful that it will clear up. I hope it does for you too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"