Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

If you went to Sesame Place

How long did you stay?

We need to go on a Sunday (DH works 6 days a week) but I am debating if it will be worth to sleep over the night before (sat). Also, are there any nice place to eat there? Even outside Sesame?

TIA

Re: If you went to Sesame Place

• Options

honestly- we were done with the park in 4 hours.

It really depends on the age of your child and what he/she will get out of it. Personally i think it is ridiculously overpriced for what it is. A glorified water park with walking characters. 90% of the park is water attractions that were too big for my DD. Just so you know.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

4hrs tops.

It is not worth it in my opinion- but totally depends on your child's age and what he/she will get out of it. It is very overpriced and it is a glorified water park In my honest opinion. The water rides were geared towards much older children.

stupid bump--- sorry for the double post.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageStacyc625:

4hrs tops.

It is not worth it in my opinion- but totally depends on your child's age and what he/she will get out of it. It is very overpriced and it is a glorified water park In my honest opinion. The water rides were geared towards much older children.

stupid bump--- sorry for the double post.

how long ago did you go?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    3 weeks ago.
  • Options
    imageStacyc625:

4hrs tops.

This review confuses me very much. Sesame has maybe 5 or 6 water attractions, and only 2 are too big for my DD. There is a wave pool, baby pool with 2 small slides, a splash pad area and a lazy river, all of which are great for toddlers. She can do all the dry rides (probably 6 or 7) except for one roller coaster, plus there are a few playground/climber type areas. There are also a ton of shows throughout the day that are fun. We have season passes so we don't really stay for more than 3-4 hours each time we go, but that's because we don't feel like we have to do every single thing each time we go. We LOVE Sesame Place!

• Options

I have heard nothing but graet things about it.  We are going in August and are have tickets for 3 days (buy 2 days, get 1 free).  I can't wait!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    NYDayNYDay member
    We are visiting right now. We had a great time, but it could have been better. 3 of the water rides were closed today and one of the restaurants. As for eating, the food is fast food here. If we go back tomorrow, we'll stop and pick something up and fill a cooler. 
  • Options

I agree with Texas Smith.  We have Season Passes.  DD is under 2. We love it there.

The food is fast food and not really very good IMO, except for the slurpees.  There are all kinds of restaurants just outside of SP - Bertuccis, Chick-fil-a, Macaroni Grill, Taco Bell,  diners, etc.  Google map and search nearby restaurants. 

There are three shows that play daily, each is 25-30min in length, and play throughout the day, plus the parade.  Elmo's World Live is indoors and air conditioned. The website lists all of the attractions and the appropriate age range.  The FB is also a great resource. 

IMO, you could fill an entire day if you went early, did some water attractions, saw a show, played at one of the several play ground type areas, spent at least an hour at the Count's Splash Castle, saw another show, left to have lunch, maybe a nap, returned, went on a few rides, maybe swim again, see final show, get a character picture, see the parade and then left.  

I have done the character dining, and while it is a lil expensive, it is a great experience, especially if meeting characters is a must for your child.  If you are only going to the park once this season, it may really be worth spending the $$ on.  I believe they have a couple promos going on through the end of the month.  HTH. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"