Canada Babies
Options

Length of Hospital stay in Ontario

Can anyone please tell me how long (without complications) a typical hospital stay is after having the baby in Ontario? (Even better ... Toronto, or Toronto East General) Thanks ...

Re: Length of Hospital stay in Ontario

• Options
    I was at Women's College and the average stay is 36hrs for no complications.
  • Options
    AndLynAndLyn member
    I'm not in Toronto but I am in the GTA, and I was in the hospital for two nights with DD and one night with DS. It depended on what time the baby was born and the discharge time available.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I delivered at North York General and the standard stay is 24 hours.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was planning a home birth, but after 14 hours of active labour at home and regressing from 9 cm back to 7 cm, I went to Markham stouffville hospital. Everything went fine and I left after 2 hours of giving birth. Im not sure if you meant how soon can you leave after or how long can you stay for. Hope this helps though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had my first in Guelph, and they made me stay 24 hours after birth.

My 2nd was born in Kingston and I was allowed to leave after 4 hours.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    For both of mine I was discharged within 24 hours of giving birth. I was happy to leave lol
  • Options
    With  my first  i was in for 2 days my cousin had her 4th and was out a few hours after  she had the baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"