Parenting
Options

How long do you go w/o calling the pedi - re: fevers

DD has had a fever since Early Sat. am. Sometimes, it's only like 99 or 100, but then it would spike up to 102, 103.

She has been coughing a lot and it seems productive. I am pretty sure it's just a summer cold, but I don't like the fevers. I'm not one to call the pedi over every tiny thing, but I am a little concerned about her now.

Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image

Re: How long do you go w/o calling the pedi - re: fevers

• Options
    ZenyaZenya member
    Sara has been sick the same length of time.  I'm going to wait another day or so.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We had that a few weeks ago-- both kids had 102 temps, and lots of respiratory ickies. The fevers stopped after about 3 days, and the coughing a bit later.

I didn't take them in.

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am probably not going to take her in. She's acting better today and I really hate going to the pedi on a Monday!
    Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Options
    I don't worry about fevers if they are 104 or lower IF they can be controlled with medication.  That means if they drop 2 degrees within 45 minutes of receiving Tylenol or Motrin.  If the fever goes above 104 or it doesn't respond to medication, then I worry.
  • Options

I wait three days if:

tylenol/motrin is reducing the fevers

they are eating and drinking adequately

they do not seem overly lethargic.

productive cough would bother me, but at most I would call today if the above criteria is otherwise being met.

GL!

• Options
    YodajoYodajo member
    imagethelastlaugh:

I wait three days if:

productive cough would bother me, but at most I would call today if the above criteria is otherwise being met.

GL!

I agree. 

DS1 10-06 and DS2 9-08 and baby #3 EDD 9-05-12
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageYodajo:
    imagethelastlaugh:

I wait three days if:

GL!

I agree. 

Same here. The only time I really worry about fevers is if they can't be controlled with meds. (And when Ava gets one - not because it gets high, but because she throws up when she gets a high fever and I don't do well with puke ;) )  

{Ava 5.16.06} {Ella 12.29.07} {Drew 2.9.10}
  • Options
    I would go ahead and call the pedi; maybe something's going around that they've already seen a lot of.  It can't hurt and it may give you some peace of mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"