Cleveland Babies
Options

Carpal Tunnel Help

Hi Everyone,

I am almost 4 and a half months pregnant and have been having some major issues with carpal tunnel at night.  My hands (especially my right hand, since I am right-handed) fall asleep about 3-4 times every night.  I have already purchased a Snoogle, and that seemed to help a bit at first, but now it is not helping.  Has anyone else had issues with this?  Any helpful suggestions on how to deal with it?  Thanks!

Re: Carpal Tunnel Help

• Options

Hello! My hands actually fall asleep often, but I think it's just because of how I sleep at night. I think the blood flow has a hard time getting to them. Do your wrists hurt a lot when you're typing?

I'd just talk to the doc about it or google symptoms on some medical websites.

Good luck!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have experienced this for the first time this week. I am also 4 and half months. I actually already knew I had carpal tunnel before I got pregnant, but did not get it fixed. Earlier this week I had the worst pain when I was trying to sleep. We were not home and traveling so my husband did some research online and discovered it was probably my carpal tunnel.

Solutions:

I wear wrist braces that I bought at Wal-Mart when I sleep and sometimes during the day. 

It seems to be worse when I am laying down so I sleep in a chair when it really bothers me. 

These two things have really seemed to help.

I am going to ask my doctor at my next apt, but since I knew I already had carpal tunnel, I was not as worried. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"