Parenting
Options

Help please - Rear facing Cosco Scenera

Is it even possible to use this thing rear facing using the latch system?!  We have tried it in two different cars and can't get it tight enough.

Any hints?

Re: Help please - Rear facing Cosco Scenera

• Options

I don't have it, but are you sure the LATCH strap is in the correct location?  Usually convertible seats have different 'holes' (for lack of a better term) to feed the strap thru depending on forward facing vs. rear facing.  Do you have your manual? 

• Options

I bought one to use on a trip when DD1 was 13 mo and tried unsuccessfully to do it RF and ended up putting her FF because I wasn't able to get it tight at all with her going RFing.  Maybe take it to a car seat tech?

Sorry I can't help you, GL! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I think this seat is similar in design to the one I have.  The trick for ours is to take that "tail" (the part you're pulling on in a vain attempt to get it tight) and thread it up through the seat.  You'll have to move the fabric and there should be a hole there.  Once it's threaded then you have the right angle to pull it tight.  

The tech at our car seat inspection station showed me.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yes, there's a trick! In most seats, you have to kneel in the seat while you tighten it. But in the Scnerea, it works best to put the front seat as far forward as possible and stand BEHIND the Scenera (facing the rear of the car) and push the seat down from behind while you tighten. You have to use your body to push against the Scenera (push down and towards the back of the car) while you pull on the LATCH straps. I install a LOT of seats and I consider myself to be pretty darn good at it, but it took me a while to figure this one out. HTH!
  • Options

Thanks you guys!  I am going to try both of those tricks. 

Yes, I have the manual, but it isn't very helpful.  I will try both of those other suggestions, thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"