Texas Babies
Options

New mom (in 7 days) seeks baby play group!

Hi ladies,

I have been home for my entire pregnancy, on and off bed rest and am doing really well now, except for the general huge, uncomfortable feeling of being 38 w 3 d pregnant! Anyway, so as soon as she is old enough to start a baby play group I want to join!! Does anyone have a good playgroup they are a part of for small babies? I live off of 1604 and Bitters so the Stone Oak, 281, I10 area would work great for me! I have worked my entire life and this is the first time I won't be working, I am lucky but at the same time I am already starving for social contact! This way I thought I could find other Mommies to bond with who have babies the same age! Any ideas are welcome! Even if we have to start a new one for our babies particular age! 

Good Luck new mommies! 

Elizabeth Grace will be here next Thursday, June 17th via c-section!

Re: New mom (in 7 days) seeks baby play group!

• Options

Good luck with your delivery!!  Very exciting!  I would suggest looking into a MOPS group for you.  There are also groups on Meet.com .

MOPS won't start until September, but there are plenty around town you could join.  Here is the website:

linky

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hi!  I'm moving in a month to the I10/Boerne Stage Road area down I10 not to far from the Dominion area.  I'm due mid September with a baby girl which is our third and last.  I'm a SAHM too and would love to keep in touch/get together when the babies are a little older.

Good Luck with the delivery! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in the Bitters/1604 area and due in a few weeks. I have a 13 month old too, but playgroups are always fun! Once we all get settled and have a bit of a routine with the babies at home, let's for sure get together!
  • Options
    Hi ladies!  I have a two week old. I am moving from Dallas to SA in a few weeks, we will be in the Quarry area until we find a house.  I would love to meet up with some new mommy's.  I will be a SAHM.   Good luck for a smooth delivery and a happy healthy newborn! 
    Years of trying and treatment, IVF#1 brought us our darling C!
  • Options
    Good luck with the delivery!  I live off 1604 also, and my daughter and I are in a playgroup for babies under 3--it's on meetup.com and it's called the San Antonio Diaper Bunch.  We have LOTS of meetups in your area ;)  Hope you find a group that works for you!
    baby
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

There's a mommy and me yoga class at destination maternity off of I-10 and Wurzbach.  I really enjoy going to it even though my little one wants to be held half the time so I can't really do too much.  The class has babies of all different ages so it's nice for getting advice and questions answered.   Bonus is that the class is free.

I also go to stroller strides 5 days a week which is an outdoor exercise class.  I like that I get a workout and I get to socialize with other moms.   It costs me $55 a month but since I try to go often it makes it wothwhile.  The kids there range from about 6 weeks through about 4 or 5 years old.   I find I get a pretty good workout and mt 10 week old usually lasts in the stroller for the entire class, 60 minutes.  If he gets fussy, I just take him out of the stroller and do the exercises to the best of my ability.

• Options

Wow, Ok great!

Thank you guys for the response!!!! I looked up the SA Diaper Bunch and actually am going to join once we are ready to play. (about three or four months)  It looks great,  thanks for the well wishes, it's a little scary and nerve wracking! Wow and kudos to the mommy who has a 13 month old and is due with #2 soon!! I think that might end up being me too, lol!! Here is my email address if anyone wants to stay in touch, cynthalia at gmail.com. I wrote it like that, because I read somewhere if you write it the real way, you get a lot of spam..... we'll see!

Good Luck to the future mommies!

Cindy

• Options

Kami,

So you take your 10 week old to Stroller Strides?  I cannot wait to start, I heard about it but I thought I had to wait till they could be in the jogger stroller which I know they have to be a certain weight to fit into. I am planning on buying a BOB as soon as she is big enough for it but for now we have a regular chicco stroller. Do other moms have smaller babies in regular strollers? If so , I want to start as soon as the dr clears me to!!

Thanks for the info! let me know!

Cindy

• Options
    I have him in a snap n go with his car seat right now and it works ok.  I don't run so the stroller isn't too big of a deal yet.   I'm looking into getting a jogging stroller but I'm having a hard time deciding if I want a Bob or a Phil &Ted's.  I've seen other moms with the car seat adapters on joggingstrollers and a mom with a Mclaren umbrella tpye stroller.  One park we go to is mostly paved while the other one has a packed dirt path.  there are a few other moms with newer babies but it is mostly older babies and toddlers.  I go to the North San Antonio one. andI really enjoy it
  • Options

Just saw you're having your baby tomorrow- best wishes to you! I also live at 1604 & Bitters- popular little area we have here!

I would also suggest checking out the local libraries.  I started taking Elise to baby story time when she was around 3 months old.  I think they take a break for the summer, but it would be a fun (and free!) fall option.  I went to the one at Brook Hollow. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"