North Dakota Babies
Options

Really Good News and Really Bad News

Really good news first (because the bad news takes the good news away).  Yesterday we signed the lease on a new apt here in Memphis.  It's super cute, SUPER cheap, and only a few miles away from my work.  It's in one of the best areas of the city too. 

Now for the bad news, DH totaled my car last night (well, it's more then likely totaled).  He's fine, thank God.  My pretty brand new car, not so much.  He was on the interstate and a lady in a huge suv was talking on the phone and not paying attenting and tried to merge into his lane and he swerved to avoid it and he lost control and hit the retaining wall.  The kicker, I'm 90% positive our insurance won't cover it (really long story that I don't want to go into right now).   I have no idea what we're going to do.  We're both going to have to drop out of school this summer because our schedules don't work for us to share a car if we're going to have to share a car for a while.  Which delays us moving, and delays us TTC and SUPER makes me mad.  I'm trying to look at the positives.  It could have been much worse, he could have been seriously hurt (or killed), there could be other people injured, luckily the car is paid off etc.  However, part of me is really upset about my car, I LOVED that car.  Never again will I be able to just walk on to a lot and buy whatever car I want and write a check for it.  I know it's just a material posession, and I shouldn't be attached to them.  Oh well, maybe it was time for me to upgrade my car anyway? 

As always, thanks for letting me vent :)

Re: Really Good News and Really Bad News

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"