Trouble TTC
Options

Unromantic sex

Around Ovulation/IUI, it HURTS to have sex.  I feel like my ovaries are going to be punctured and burst everywhere.  To better our odds after IUI, DH and I  like to get it on to increase chances, but it's not fun at all.

So, I'm a little embarassed to even ask, anyone have any recommendations for positions that don't stab my ovaries?  We've tried all the standard ones, but maybe I need to think outside the box.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Unromantic sex

• Options

::waits patiently for responses:

My doc told us to get it on tonight and tomorrow to increase our odds. My first thought was CRAP..b/c I feel the same way you do Embarrassed

TTC #1 since April 2009 IUIs 1-3= BFN IVF 1=BFN
  • Options

::whispers::

Doggy-style...I have pain during sex often and this is our go-to position.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    seriously!!!  we have sex like 2-3 times a month because it hurts so bad. We start and its ok and then i feel like im going to die
    Successful after 2 years tttc. Diagnosed with PCOS and Endometriosis. Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    imagebhilyer:

::whispers::

Doggy-style...I have pain during sex often and this is our go-to position.

Same here with doggy style.  My OB told me I have a tipped cervix, and that could cause some pain during sex.

• Options

Have you tried YH lying on his back and you lying on top of him on your back?  That seems to be less squashy in the ovary area for me.

I'm sorry it's so painful for you but I do know what you mean.  I get horrible bloat and pains around ovulation on meds.

• Options
    We like reverse cowgirl. Only put your legs under his and you won't get tired as easy. Great visual for him, less pain for you. Only downside is you're not facing him, so it doesn't seem as romantic (not for me, anyway)
    My Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    SAIF Always Welcome
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 10/03, On BCP to "treat" until: 7/09
    Provera to end Cycles 1-9 (anovulatory)
    Cycle #4 & 5: Clomid 50 mg FAIL
    RE Visit: 2000 mg Metformin
    Cycle 6:Forced Break, looking for androgen secreting tumor
    Cycle 7:Clomid CD 3-10, 12-17 FAIL
    Cycle 8: Clomid CD 3-10, Bravelle CD 12-24 Hyperstimmed
    New RE: Put on Byetta, lost 23 lbs
    Cycle 9: Financial Break
    Cycle 10: Femara CD 3-7, IUI CD 17 BFP on 2/14/11, m/c 3/7/11
  • Options

imagerenafaith:
    We like reverse cowgirl. Only put your legs under his and you won't get tired as easy. Great visual for him, less pain for you. Only downside is you're not facing him, so it doesn't seem as romantic (not for me, anyway)

I'm glad I'm not the only one.  MH says that he's never had romantic or intimate sex with anyone before me.  I hate not being able to see his face. 

• Options
    imagegymnst1013:

Have you tried YH lying on his back and you lying on top of him on your back?  That seems to be less squashy in the ovary area for me.

That sounds interesting!!

• Options

imagerenafaith:

DH loves this, but I dislike it for the same reason you do.  Perhaps we'll crack this one out tonight considering it's not a romantic lovin' night anyways.

• Options
    I get like that before I O, and I find what works for us anyway is if I lie on my side, and DH goes in from behind, so... kind of like doggy style, but on my side.
  • Options
    I thought doggy-style  made it worse for me. I think the least painful for me might have been on our sides,  either facing each other or spooning with him behind.  It might only have been less painful because he finishes quick, though, because my legs are more together. 
    It took 5 failed IUIs and a failed IVF, but our FET worked!
    My pregnancy after Infertility Blog
    Our baby girl was born on April 27, 2011!
  • Options
    Actually!  (TMI coming) We found last night that if I lay on my belly and he's behind, there's no ovary stabbing.  IT was almost even pleasureable
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"