Postpartum Depression
Options

PPD or just bad day?

I was diagnosed with PPD and put on meds a few days after DS was born. The meds kicked in pretty quickly, I'm on lexapro. I have been doing really well but I have some off days here and there. Today is one of them. I am feeling just like I did after DS was born. I feel very anxious and sad. I was putting some of his clothes away today and came across some of his newborn clothing. I lost it. I feel like he is growing so fast. Also, I feel like DS and I haven't spent hardly any time with DH recently. He has been gone the last 2 weekends and often works late. DS goes to bed shortly after DH gets home. I feel like he is so consumed with work and other things that he isn't taking enough time to spend with his son. I just quit my full time job to be at home with DS so we are tight on money and I know that is stressing him out. I wish he would quit worrying about what needs to be done around the house and just spend some time with DS and I. My parents are also leaving for 2 weeks to go out of the country. They help out a lot. I am a nervous wreck when family members fly, etc. I will miss my mom. I know its just a couple weeks and some people don't even have their parents close by, but it is still bothering me. Sorry for the pity party, I guess I just need to vent. I hope tomorrow is better...

Re: PPD or just bad day?

• Options
    I hope today is a much better day for you.  I know I still have bad days, too.  Just like someone without PPD, everyone has good and bad days.  I still can't believe that in less than a month, my LO will be 1!!! Some days, I refuse to believe it!!!  Have you tried talking to your DH?  Just a suggestion.  I hope today is a better day for you.  Always welcome to vent to us!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"