Philadelphia Babies
Options

shower locations in the northeast??

Anyone been to the Italian Bistro on Welsh and the Blvd?

How about Cannstatter's on Academy Rd. right off of Frankford Ave.? The Rosewood caterers on Frandford?

Any other suggestions I'd appreciate! Northeast Philly or right outside of would be best.

Re: shower locations in the northeast??

• Options

I've been to all 3 and they are all nice, but I haven't been to Rosewood since the 80s.

What about Georgine's in Bensalem - that's really nice or Tudor House (Fishers) in Bensalem.  Or you can always have something at the steel workers union on Norcum - I've beent here recently and it was a great setting.

• Options

I've been to all three of them, and all are nice.  For the Italian Bistro and Canstatter's, I've been to those for dinners, but not for banquet room functions, so I don't know what those particular rooms/packages are like.  I went to Rosewood for a retirement dinner two years ago, and the room was nice- a bit outdated, but decent food, nice amount of space, etc. 

Depending on how many people you are having, check out Randi's in Grant Plaza.  A friend's baby shower was there recently, and they did a fabulous job with food, and the little side room has a nice setup.  There were about 25 people there, and it fit perfectly.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i second randi's...also, how about the ashburner inn or pasiano's?
  • Options

While the food at the Italian Bistro was good and the service was just as good, they totally messed up my booking for my SIL's baby shower.  I booked for the lower room, they removed my booking of the lower room, gave it another party, which they removed them as well, and booked a thrid party the same day at the same time.  It was a huge mess for my party and the other party that got bumped.

They then proceeded to set my party up in the back of the restuarant near the steps to the lower room, so because of their fcuk up, we had people interupting our party by using the steps.

All they did for their mistake was give us free apps.  I called the very next day and complained, also sent a letter.  They said they would give me a GC,  I told them to shove thier GC where the sun doesn't shine.

• Options
    jbl126jbl126 member

imageannam829:
    i second randi's...also, how about the ashburner inn or pasiano's?

Both me and my SIL had out baby showers at randi's.  They have a private room with private entrance.  The food is pretty good.  And I dont think the price is too expensive.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"