Military Families
Options

VENT!

So i had just updated my facebook status about how i miss my husband because he's been on a mini deployment, and a friend from college posts as her status "
It's amazing and absolutely disgusting to me that governments, militaries & corporations can kill people and get away with it. WTF, man. Let's stop this BS and focus on progressing as a people. Let's invest in science, education, healthcare, alternative energy, high-speed f'ing rails, etc. And let's go to space, god dammit."

I responded to her that if it weren't for our significant others, she wouldn't have the freedom to post things like that on facebook and would probably be killed for it in other countries.  They give up their lives, and we give up part of ours, for her freedoms! I told her alot more would be accomplished if people would open their eyes and weren't so closeminded.

Was i being a little to witchy? Would anyone else be offended by this?

Re: VENT!

• Options

I don't get why your friend used your missing your husband to go on wild tangent complaining about the Military. I'm sorry to hear this for you.

ETA: I thought at first that she replied with that directly on your status. But yea, that is still annoying but not as annoying as I first thought.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

"Kill people and get away with it."  

Wow.  She really has no clue. Complete ignorance.  I would have had the same reaction as you, but I doubt you'll get through to someone like her.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Meh. Defriend her if you don't like it, but playing a martyr because you're a military wife won't get you anywhere.
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • Options

Next time someone posts carp like that, calmly remind them that without the military, human progression would not have had the internet that he/she is posting on, the GPS that his/her garman uses to keep him/her from getting lost, radar to help him/her fly across the country, the jet engine to actuall het him/her across the country, his/her digital camera, the microwave oven to heat his/her food up, and finally duct tape.  Oh and do not forget improved antibiotics.

Without the military, both during peace AND war time has pushed mankind forward. 

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options
    imagelifestooshort128:

I responded to her that if it weren't for our significant others, she wouldn't have the freedom to post things like that on facebook and would probably be killed for it in other countries.  They give up their lives, and we give up part of ours, for her freedoms! I told her alot more would be accomplished if people would open their eyes and weren't so closeminded.

Good for you!

• Options
    she's a jackazz.
  • Options
    dang, i would delete this "friend."  what a piece of work.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What's a mini deployment? Is that a Navy thing?
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • Options
    yep never underestimate the complete ignorance of the civilian world. they really have no f*cking clue. "lets go to space, concentrate on science and healthcare." duhhhh we would have NONE of these opportunities without our guys... sheesh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"