Alabama Babies
Options

We have a bunch of babies turning 1 soon...

tell us your party plans...and if you just had one (ahem Lindsay Wink) show us pictures :) 

Re: We have a bunch of babies turning 1 soon...

• Options

I'm actually on Etsy right now looking for invitation/banner/favor ideas!

We're taking the (somewhat) easy way out and having Sarah's party at a local pizza place that we LOVE.  The owner is giving us the largest side of the restaurant from 2-5 on a Saturday for no charge - we'll just be buying pizza and drinks for everyone.  Our guest list is a bit out of control, but given where we were this time last year...I'm more than happy to host a HUGE party.  We'll be including a "wish list" with our invitations, but it's a wish list for the hospital's NICU rather than for Sarah.  We'll be asking for preemie/newborn sleepers, blankets, ink for their photo printer, paper, etc and I can't wait to deliver everything!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

That is an awesome idea!!!  I know how much that stuff is needed in the NICU.

We are doing a Mickey Mouse party.  We will probably do burgers and sides and cake.  I really don't have much planned yet.  I need to get on it!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have pictures, I swear!  We had 2 parties over 2 weekends, so things have been a little hectic.  I will post pics soon :)
  • Options

Just a heads up for any of you in the Mobile area, I am making cakes and would love to help out. I am just getting started so I wouldn't charge as much as a pro. I will have a 5th birthday Lightning Mcqueen cake to post in the coming weeks. :) It is a new adventure and I am really excited.

lol... I hope the Bump police don't delete this. Just htought about that. lol

• Options
    imageMannaKay:

Just a heads up for any of you in the Mobile area, I am making cakes and would love to help out. I am just getting started so I wouldn't charge as much as a pro. I will have a 5th birthday Lightning Mcqueen cake to post in the coming weeks. :) It is a new adventure and I am really excited.

I thought about posting something too (about doing cakes)...but didn't know if I could either!

• Options

I know I've mentioned this before but I'll play just because I'm excited!  I swore I wouldn't become one of those parents who have a circus for a 1st birthday but it's definitely turning into one and I can't help it!

So many people (even those w/o kids) have asked about birthday plans that we've ended up with a pretty large guest list as well. But I don't care, I love entertaining.  Since it's so hot in July we're planning to a pool party.  I'm calling it Mitchell's Water Wonderland!  We'll have a couple kiddie pools, a sprinkler, and for the older kids we're actually going to have an inflatable water slide.  (I told you, overboard).

For food we're having hotdogs, burgers, chicken - all on the grill, and sides.

I found beach ball shaped goodie bags (so cute).  I'll probably do mini water guns, freezeable pop, animal crackers, and fake tatoos.

Be forewarned, I will be posting asking "what do you think" type things!!

• Options

MrsAO your plans sound GREAT!

Ours is this weekend.  I am SO excited!  I don't have time to type out everything, but I will have plenty of pics to post afterwards!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Kristi...love what you are doing for the NICU!

We are having a small birthday party for Abby. A brunch for close friends and family. I'm doing a bumble bee theme. I got her invitations in the mail yesterday and I LOVE them. I found the link for the Paper Nest off of AmandaBrooke's blog. :o)

This is her dress for the party (except it has yellow ribbon to tie). The fabric on the bottom is adorable! So much cuter than it looks in the picture.

Harley with Sugar on Top is doing her cupcakes. The inspiration picture I sent her its from Inprintables blog. image

Except they will be the darker yellow of the dress.

For favors for the itty bitty babies, I got one travel size pack of the Burt's Bees baby essentials. I'm just going to split it among the two of them and put it in a little goodie bag. Since everyone else will be adults or older kids, I was just going to use black, white, and yellow M&M's in a little favor box. I can't find M&M's in the yellow color I need so I think I'm just going to use these.

I'm sure you will see all of this on my blog, too. ;o)

• Options

Rachel---I LOVE your party theme!!!

• Options
    loyo03loyo03 member
    Love hearing about all of the ideas!! Rachel--the bumble bee theme is too cute! Turning 1 is such an exciting and emotional time--however, I think that I am just as emotional knowing that my baby will turn 2 in 4mths--wow how time flies-and she won't be a baby anymore:(
  • Options

Ok I'm back - our theme is "Oh! The Places You'll Go!" by Dr. Seuss. Here is the invitation based on that book:

The cake and decor is all based on that. :)

• Options
    imagelilcrablegs:

Ok I'm back - our theme is "Oh! The Places You'll Go!" by Dr. Seuss. Here

The cake and decor is all based on that. :)

LOVE this too!

• Options
    imagehamillm:

Rachel---I LOVE your party theme!!!

Thanks! :o)

Brooke-I'm super emotional about her turning one. I can't believe I'm going to be THAT mom that's a freakin' mess when I drop her off at kindergarten.

Bethany...LOVE the theme (and the book)!!! :o)

• Options

I love it all!!  Rachel, the bumblebee theme is sooo cute, I love that dress!!

Lilcrablegs, I'm a big Dr. Seuss fan!  It doesn't go with our theme but I'm still getting the Birthday Book for people to sign and/or write messages to Mitchell in it!

This is exciting.  I can't wait to see everybody's pictures and stuff!

• Options
    kc0721kc0721 member

All of the party ideas sound so good.  I'm definitely taking notes of all the parties planned for the summer.  Miller will be a summer baby so I'm keeping these party ideas close by. 

Kristi, I love what you're doing for the NICU. 

• Options
    loyo03loyo03 member
    FYI--Oriental Trading has super cute party favors--thematic rubber duckies, bubbles, pinwheels, etc... (however, I will say that you need to pay attention to measurements. I didn't and everything was smaller than expected-but still cute!)
  • Options

Such cute ideas!!

Kristi I love what you are doing for the NICU

Rachel and Bethany and Aalyia(I know I didn't spell that right I'm sorry!) love ya'll's themes...I hope ya'll post lots of pictures!

I guess I better start brainstorming...I have 4 months till Aubs turns one *sigh*!  

• Options
    imagehamillm:
    imageMannaKay:

I thought about posting something too (about doing cakes)...but didn't know if I could either!

• Options
    imagehamillm:
    imageMannaKay:

I love all of your ideas! Gets my mind moving and DH thinks I am crazy since we still have 6 months.

** It is still up for now so I guess we are ok. lol

• Options

I love all these themes. So cute! I can't wait to see pictures.

Also.. Kristi.. I absolutely love what you are doing for the NICU. I'm sure they will appreciate it!

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"