2nd Trimester
Options

Stupid qustion

Is viability at 24 or 26 weeks?? I am having some issues and my doc said there is nothing we can do until I hit viability at 26 weeks, but I have read it was 24 weeks? I just want to know how pushy I should be at 24 weeks if we are not out of the woods.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Stupid qustion

• Options
    I've heard 24, although with every week the chances of survival are obviously greater... everything ok? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Viability is typically 24, although you would need a level 3 NICU.

Without a level 3 NICU, some consider the viability date to be later.

What level NICU do you have near you?

*~*Mommy to*~*
    BFP#1 Kaitlyn 11-17-04
    BFP #2 Matthew pPROM 23w5d 06-03-07, b/33 weeks 8-6-07, d/10-15-07 SIDS,
    BFP #3 m/c 8 weeks 2/20/09, BFP #4 m/c no hb 6w4d, m/c 9w4d, D&C 11w2d, BFP #5 C/P 12/18/09 after BFP- 9dpo
    BFP #6 Samantha- 11-9-10
    BFP #7 4/20/12 21 DPO beta: 2382 29 DPO beta: 23000! HB 6w2d 116 bpm due Christmas day!
    This Momma's Journey
    ~Today I am pregnant and I love my baby~ BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've always heard it as being 25 weeks
  • Options

It depends on the area you have and the resources that the Level III NICU's in your area can provide.  Some will attempt to save as young as 23 weekers but typically anything between 23  and 26 weeks can be a huge gray area with nothing predictable.  It's rough and these are some of the sickest infants.  26-28 weeks stand better chances than younger.

I'm  not saying it can't be done, but I work with those infants and it just depends on the support in your area.  Even if you have the best available, it will be rough at that young an age.

• Options
    I asked because I was having complications and my Dr. told me 24 wks with a lot of help.  Baby has a greater chance at 28 weeks.  He said that four week difference is major.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"