Oregon Babies
Options

Wedding dilemma- What would you do?

My brother in law is getting married over labor day weekend. My husband is in the wedding and the date has been set for a number of months. My cousin (who i also consider one of my best friends) just got engaged and has just set their wedding for the same day. BIL's ceremony is at 2pm and the reception does not start until 5pm. Cousins ceremony starts at 5, and reception follows at 6.

Because I want to be at both, I was thinking of going to BIL's ceremony and spending some time with them during the gap before the reception, and then heading to my cousins reception. Do you think this sounds reasonable, or would you only go to BIL's since their invite came out first? Thoughts, please!

Re: Wedding dilemma- What would you do?

• Options
    We got married over Labor Day weekend doo, but did so knowing that some people would not be able to make it so we sent our Save the Dates out really early.  That is tough situation - but I think your plan is a good one. 
  • Options
    If you can swing going to both (not sure how far apart each one is) I'd do it.. Maybe hang out at BIL's reception until 6ish, and then head over to cousin's reception after that.  I'm sure cousin will understand why you didn't go to the ceremony if they even notice you weren't there :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cousin does totally understand. I'm worried that Matt's bro will be suuuuper pissed! But, can't please everyone, and both are impotant to me, so I will have to pull a split shift.
  • Options
    I would imagine that BIL probably won't even notice you sneak out.. :)  Now, if Matt left.. that might be an issue :D
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Your plan sounds like a good idea.  I would probably do exactly that.  Though I'd probably try to make it to the cousin's ceremony, too, since I would technically be able to.  But I also understand the fairness of going to one's ceremony and one's reception, instead of "gyping" one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Your plan sounds like a good idea.  I would probably do exactly that.  Though I'd probably try to make it to the cousin's ceremony, too, since I would technically be able to.  But I also understand the fairness of going to one's ceremony and one's reception, instead of "gyping" one.

BTW, we have the same name. Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"