Nevada Babies
Options

My dog has been acting strangely lately. Pregnancy related?

I am 24 weeks pregnant and our 3 year old Yorkie has been starting to act strangely.  He won't go potty outside on command like he used to and yesterday was sitting on my feet and then left a puddle of pee next to me (which of course I stepped in :P).  We have stopped letting our dogs on our couches because we don't want to have to worry that they will jump up on them when the baby is here and I'm sure my patience has been a little shorter with him lately but other than that nothing has changed.  He has always been a momma's boy and follows me around but now he sits on either mine or my husband's feet.  He is like my first baby and I know that he notices changes but could me being pregnant be the reason for his new potty habits?

Re: My dog has been acting strangely lately. Pregnancy related?

• Options
    Honestly, I can't say yes or no but I have a yorkie/pom mix and by the time i hit 6 weeks he knew something was up. He started burrowing his head in to my belly and sleeping like that. So I guess our dogs are acting the opposite? Your little guy probably feels a little threatened but i'm sure he'll come around. I've heard that dogs usually adjust well to new family members and become extremely protective over them...Hope it works out for you! =]
  • Options
    Thanks!  Yeah he is used to being the baby. That helps!Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi! I am 24 weeks now and recently we stopped letting our dogs (2 mini schnauzers) on the furniture and they started pooping everywhere!! I read up on it and it is a common thing. what I read was that the dogs needed to be basically put in their place by kenneling them at night ( this is also suppose to help with agression). As soon as we did the kennels at night they stopped pooping everywhere, its been 2 weeks with no accidents!! hope this helps.. oh and we stopped letting our dogs on the furniture because of germs and also agressive behavior.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"