Babies: 3 - 6 Months

When did you stop using the infant car seat attached to the stroller

and just strap your little one into the stroller? Weight limit? Age limit?

Thanks! 

Re: When did you stop using the infant car seat attached to the stroller

• We probably stopped using the infant seat around 7 or 8 weeks.  He would get too hot in it and that was in the winter!
  • We stopped about a month ago. Simply because Ella Grace was more comfortable and happier sitting where she could see. It was once she had head control. Also, our stroller back is adjustable so I have it set to an angle where she is slightly reclining so she can't fall forward.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • i was wondering this the other day... we goto DH's softball games 2-3 days a week and she gets so hot in her car seat! so theres no weight limit? LO has great head controll and the back to her stroller reclines...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lola had her first experience in her big girl stroller just the other day. She loved it! She could see out and felt much more free. Plus the infant carseat is just so hot! The stroller is much better for walks outside. But if she is sleeping away in carseat there is no way in hell I am waking her up!! So for now, we use both, depending on the scenario :)
  • About 2 months.
  • imageErourke:
    Lola had her first experience in her big girl stroller just the other day. She loved it! She could see out and felt much more free. Plus the infant carseat is just so hot! The stroller is much better for walks outside. But if she is sleeping away in carseat there is no way in hell I am waking her up!! So for now, we use both, depending on the scenario :)

haha - this!

i think it was friday aiden and i took a walk and i tried him in the big part of the stroller and he LOVED it! he hates being in the infant car seat thing so i thought i would give it a try... but we went to the mall today and he was asleep - so i just transferred him in the infant carrier

• imageseanandcallie:
    We stopped about a month ago. Simply because Ella Grace was more comfortable and happier sitting where she could see. It was once she had head control. Also, our stroller back is adjustable so I have it set to an angle where she is slightly reclining so she can't fall forward.
    This is us exactly!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We put DD in her stroller without the infant carseat right at 3 months.  She had great head control by then and enjoyed looking around.  We still use the infant seat though if she is sleeping. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We stopped using it once I realized how much he hates his carseat vs. how much he likes facing out in his stroller. So around 8 weeks.
  • I find that I still use the carseat with the stroller pretty often but that's simply because when we're out, it just more convenient to snap the carseat in and go. We stopped needing to actually use the carseat around 3.5 months, however, when she had developed excellent head control. She doesn't seem to have a preference yet either way.
  • around 6-7 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• imageseanandcallie:
    We stopped about a month ago. Simply because Ella Grace was more comfortable and happier sitting where she could see. It was once she had head control. Also, our stroller back is adjustable so I have it set to an angle where she is slightly reclining so she can't fall forward.

This exactly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"