Utah Babies
Options

looking for temporary work in ogden area

im 6 months pregnant and i have been looking for a job even before i got pregnant, i cant seem to find one and i found that im being turned away because i am pregnant, it makes sense but im desperate for a job. my boyfriend is back in school for structural integration and doesnt have a job either. i have tons and tons of stress when i think about a child coming into a broke family for the first few months (hopefully not that long). i was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to do. i heard about pampered chef and scentsy but are those even good for building an income or are they difficult to start making money??

Re: looking for temporary work in ogden area

• Options

I am having the same problem. 

Most people I know were really into Pampered Chef and Scentsy when it exploded onto the scene and had to have it.  But now, not so much.  If I felt stable enough, I would do Scentsy myself...I just absolutely love the products.  It is something to look into though, I don't know anybody personally that does either one.  If you know someone or go to one of the rep's websites...ask them about it and see what they say.

Also, check out the jobs.utah.gov website.  Since you are looking for a job in the Ogden area, I can't imagine noone not hiring you!  So many jobs up that way!  Also check out Craiglist, sometimes they have good job ads there. 

I too understand why people would not want to hire someone pregnant, but come on...pregnant women need jobs too!  I'm not looking to get hired on and quit once the baby comes.  I'm looking for a job that I can definitely go back to once my maternity time would be up. 

For me, since I'm due in October, I am going to stop looking for a job as soon as September hits.  By then, in my opinion, it'll be too late and there will be no point in looking. 

I'd say this is the most difficult thing to deal with during pregnancy.  I hate not working, and it really depresses me knowing that I hardly have a chance of landing a decent-to-good job.

So, I hope you are able to find one!  Maybe try cashiering at a local grocery store? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"