North Florida Babies
Options

Post Partum Revelations

I thought it might be fun to give the newly pregnant ladies some insight on "things no one tells you will happen after you give birth".  Feel free to chime in, muah ah ah ah ah!

I will start.

- You will use the Boppy pillow as a butt doughnut because it will hurt to sit directly on a chair.

-  You will be perfectly content to spend the entire day in a nursing bra and your underwear.

- You will forget to brush your teeth for an entire day.

- Mesh underwear are your friend.

Mungee and Me
How is it that my BABY is going to be 3?

BFP-2/25/11; 8 Wk U/S-3/25/11-No HB, measured 6.5 wks; D&C

Re: Post Partum Revelations

• Options
    Dude, I already had to buy 2 actual butt donuts. Every week or so I can tell the LO is shifting because I can't breathe halfway through a meal. It's like there's only room in there for the LO, my stomach, OR my lungs. So I had to get some so I can shift my weight forward. One is actually the one my mom used after having me :D
  • Options

No joke on the mesh undies!  And the peri bottle will be your best friend for a couple days. 

~showering will become optional. When you *do* find the time/energy, you no longer take long showers since LO is likely sleeping and you want to catch a nap too.

~as the mom of a toddler, it is now acceptable to go to the bathroom with a face all up in my business "investigating the situation".  who knew? 

~If you are nursing, be prepared for the mass liquid consumption. You will be thirsty in a way you never knew possible. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

-Ice pads are an invention from heaven, no joke.

-You'll want to leave your husband for the peri bottle (and a clean condiment squirter doubles as a wonderful peri bottle)

-DON"T LOOK!!!!!

• Options
    imageManalyzer:

-DON"T LOOK!!!!!

Reflecting that sentiment ... during delivery, if your OB/Midwife/whomever, tells you to reach down and touch the baby's crowning head ... think twice.

Mungee and Me

• Options

see, I disagree about touching the head. I loved that moment. I even was able to grab him under the arms and pull him to my chest. The MW just guided him to me. It was amazing! I do know it isn't for everyone though. 

Don't look at your lady bits for 6 weeks. really, it is for the best. even if you get no stitches, things aren't the same and you really just dont need to see them. 

• Options

You will be so exhausted that you cannot think straight, but will stay awake because your little one is awake and being so darn cute and you don't want to miss it.

You will have no shame at all.  Modesty goes out the window.  (At least it did for me, considering I think half the freaking country saw my breasts with all of the issues I was having, ugh!)  Like zta said, this only gets worse when the little one starts following you EVERYWHERE! :)

You will be peed, puked and pooped on and you'll finish cleaning up the baby before worrying about yourself.  Sometimes, you might even go out in public and not realize that there is spit up, snot, etc on you until its too late to change.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageManalyzer:

-DON"T LOOK!!!!!

I had a friend tell me this one. She made the mistake of holding a mirror down there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageadarlingzta:

Don't look at your lady bits for 6 weeks. really, it is for the best. even if you get no stitches, things aren't the same and you really just dont need to see them. 

I would even go so far as to say not to look during the final months of pregnancy as well, lol. Everything gets so swollen and well...it aint purty, people! I think I've heard it referred to as double donuts LOL

• Options

You may walk like a cowboy (you know, the wide-legged thing) for a few days afterward. 

You don't necessarily need to sleep every time the baby sleeps. Remember that newborns sleep like 18 hours a day. You just need to make sure you get a good quality nap here and there. And don't be afraid to leave he baby with someone else specifically for that reason!

By the time four weeks have rolled by, you may be horribly horny for your husband, but the thought of anything anywhere near your nether regions will scare the living crap out of you!

Oh, and if you end up with a C-section, your girly parts will still be sore afterward and need the healing time. I had no idea sex would be tough even not delivering vaginally, and nobody told me any different.

Awesome pic of hubby and DS#1

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"My 101 List - Updating asap, I swear!

• Options

I had no idea I'd be so afraid of going to sleep myself the first few days/nights.  I felt like someone (me) had to keep watching James 24/7 to make sure he was still breathing.  He was fine of course.

And, yeah, I had no modesty whatsoever.  I was soooo sore from bf'ing that I walked around topless for the first few days trying to air out/dry out my nips.

• Options
    imageMrs_W_Pookie:
    imageManalyzer:

-DON"T LOOK!!!!!

Reflecting that sentiment ... during delivery, if your OB/Midwife/whomever, tells you to reach down and touch the baby's crowning head ... think twice.

these!

• Options
    imageadarlingzta:

And the peri bottle will be your best friend for a couple days. 

this!

• Options
    imageMrs_W_Pookie:

- You will forget to brush your teeth for an entire day.

try week.   and shaving/plucking..... a month!   actually, be prepared and accept that you just might look like a homeless ape for a month....

Like everyone says, I knew it would be hard.....I had no idea it would be that hard!  But just know that it gets easier every week!

• Options
    imageMadisen:

I had no idea I'd be so afraid of going to sleep myself the first few days/nights.  I felt like someone (me) had to keep watching James 24/7 to make sure he was still breathing.  He was fine of course.

I'm pretty sure I didn't sleep for the first two months of her life. After that I slept, but only with my arm in her cosleeper with her to make sure she was breathing. I was neurotic like that.

• Options
    imageadarlingzta:

see, I disagree about touching the head. I loved that moment. I even was able to grab him under the arms and pull him to my chest.

That is awesome!  

TMI WARNING ...

In my situation, the baby wasn't quite crowning yet, so when I reached down and touched, I was basically touching ... myself.  Yeah, those bits that we're warning everyone not to look at ;)

Mungee and Me

• Options
    imageManalyzer:
    imageMadisen:

I'm pretty sure I didn't sleep for the first two months of her life. After that I slept, but only with my arm in her cosleeper with her to make sure she was breathing. I was neurotic like that.

Ditto. Also- I HIGHLY recommend "Sleeping 12 hours at 12 Weeks." It is an extrememly easy, quick read. I didn't read it until 7 months and wish I had read it while I was pregnant.

Also: 

-The bradley class to be very helpful but when it all came to- it went out the window. I had a long labor though.

-Contractions can come with out breaks and last that way until baby comes. (I always thought there were breaks in between)

-Be open to your options. I was dead set on natural and will definetely try again with #2 and recommend it but we had complications with LO and I had to get an eppi. Don't feel bad if your birth plan doesn't go as you plan. 

• Options

I think I just got really lucky, I didn't have any "down there" issues at all, even with how big B was.  That sounds frightening, hopefully #2 will be as kind as B was :)

ejones- ditto the birth plan stuff.  I don't think mine ever even made it out of my doula's bag!

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageKristin&Adam:

I think I just got really lucky, I didn't have any "down there" issues at all, even with how big B was.  That sounds frightening, hopefully #2 will be as kind as B was :)

*sticks tongue out at Kristin*

• Options

Ditto the mesh undies. Loved those. As horrific- looking as they are. I lived in mine for the first few weeks, haha! I actually stole packages of them from my hospital room.

Stretchies happen, and they are UGLY and they don't go away.

And if you're a c-section mama (which I unfortunately was), you'll have this little "shelf" of skin where the incision and bikini line are.

Your boobs will never be the same.

You will be incredibly emotional and weepy afterwards. Be prepared for that one.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I still have a pair of the mesh undies that I'm saving for a special occasion :)  I have no idea what the occasion is, but I am comforted by the fact that the undies are waiting for me in the bathroom cabinet.

I also have one of the ice pack pads.  It will come in handy eventually.  Again, not sure when I'll use it, but I can get creative.

I'm tired.

Mungee and Me

• Options
    Oh, oh, oh! DERMOPLAST! Get it, use it, love it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"