s/o nanny services- had a good experience w/ one — The Bump
Chicago Babies

s/o nanny services- had a good experience w/ one

Forgot to mention- I had to use North Shore Nannies this week b/c our nanny was out for the day. We had a temp nanny come in and she was great. The coordinator at the agency was very helpful on Tuesday helping to arrange a Wednesday nanny and rearranged some things, which I appreciated. It's a $25 fee to the agency and then $12/hr for the nanny. The only thing that I wasn't too keen on- and maybe I'm in the wrong about this- was that I was told up front that "tipping is encouraged if she's great." And then I found out that the full $12/hr goes directly to the nanny. It would be one thing if the agency took a cut from it, but I felt pressure to spend above and beyond was I was able to. I ended up giving a little bit of a tip, so hopefully that was fine.

BUT- all in all, great experience and I highly recommend. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: s/o nanny services- had a good experience w/ one

• Thanks for sharing.

$12/hour is pretty standard for one child. Some families round up to an even number to pay but besides that I wouldn't say that tipping is standard or anything. 

Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • imageBlondeBeachBride08:

Thanks for sharing.

$12/hour is pretty standard for one child. Some families round up to an even number to pay but besides that I wouldn't say that tipping is standard or anything. 

Yes, $12 is definitely standard, and I feel a completely reasonable rate for 2 kids. The tipping thing just kind of got to me b/c it's not like she was going above and beyond, KWIM? Kids clothes weren't cleaned, dirty dishes were in the sink, etc. To me, above and beyond is what I tip for. But all in all, a positive experience.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards