Military Families
Options

Ft Leonardwood- anyone???

Anyone there? We are relocating there and I need advice!!

Re: Ft Leonardwood- anyone???

• Options
    I'm not there, but my grandparents own a farm about 10 minutes out the back gate and I've spent quite a bit of time with them...maybe I could answer a question or two?
  • Options

oh thank you... I am trying to figure out the best place to live. My son will be attending elementary school there so I am trying to find the best school for him. Any ideas on the best areas to live?

Thanks so much for any help!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i'm sorry. I've been there. Granted, i was only there for a little over 6 weeks, but i'm still sorry. I really disliked that base. I hope you have a better time there than i did.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    PM me. We lived there for about a year and I have friends there with a son in school there. They live in St. Robert, which is where we lived as well. Friends of mine also lived on post and loved that their kids could walk to and from school on their own b/c it was so close. There's lots of good things about FLW but it is in the middle of nowhere. PM me for more advice/info :)
  • Options
    GL there. We were there for a short stint while my husband was an instructor there. It is not on my good list.
  • Options
    Seems like some opinions aren't very high of FLW and I can see some of the reason why.  My husband was there for 4-5 months recently and I stayed with my parents about 2 hours away (in the Branson/Table Rock Lake area) and visited on and off.  As stated, it's in the middle of nowhere, but you do have Springfield, Branson, various lakes, and St. Louis all within a 2 hour or so driving distance (Kansas City has a lot to offer too, but I think it's a little farther out than that).  If you venture out a bit, there's actually quite a lot to do.
  • Options
    MermegMermeg member

I'm in Ft. Leonard Wood...have a lovely house out in St. Robert.  But I don't really chat with a lot of gals to know which elementary schools are the best, sorry (I know a lot of kids that go to Waynesville HS...looks like a fabulous school).  I would highly suggest calling my realtor:  Linda Wyatt at Century 21.  She'd give you a great opinion on which community to live in, what schools are the best, etc.  She'd probably give you advice even if you aren't buying a house from her...sweet lady...knows her stuff.

And the area isn't too bad.  Of course, don't find me on a day when a snake bit my dog...or I a find a gigantic spider on my porch...

Good luck!

• Options
    I'm at Ft. Campbell, but I'm from Missouri, about an hour from FLW. From what I've seen of FLW and the surrounding area it's gross. Very gross.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"