3rd Trimester
Options

Last two morning I woke up with wet underwear...

And it wasn't a little bit but not enough to soak anything more than my underwear.  Should I be worried that I have a slow leak or is this normal?  I am scheduled to get induced Friday at 7 am so hate to call my Dr over something minor like this if it is normal.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Last two morning I woke up with wet underwear...

• Options
    I would call to be safe, if you have a slow leak there could be a risk of infection. Better safe than sorry, right ?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 6/28/12 EDD 03/07/13 MC 4w5d 07/03/12 new baby
    BabyName Ticker
    BFP 07/30/12 EDD 04/09/13
  • Options
    Are you still soaking your underwear now that you are awake?  If so, I would call because it could be your fluid.  If it is just when you wake up, it could be a combo of sweat from the night and baby bumping your bladder while you sleep.  

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageRachaelMarieB:
    I would call to be safe, if you have a slow leak there could be a risk of infection. Better safe than sorry, right ?

THIS

• Options
    Is there any warning signs to pay attention to fo infection like if their is an odor or anything?
  • Options
    I would call.
  • Options
    Are you sure it's not just discharge?  I'm almost always wet.  I cannot go any length of time without a pantiliner.  If you're not wet throughout the day, I'd say it's just discharge, but you have ot be the judge on what it feels/looks like.  If you're not sure, call your doc, that's what they're there for.
  • Options
    I would go in to be checked. It happened to me and it was my water.
  • Options
    Once I am up and about my underwear stays dry so just at night.
  • Options
    i would put on a pad and see if it gets soaked. it definitely could be a leak. i experienced it with my ds.
  • Options
    You could call if it makes you feel better.  I've been waking up with wetter than normal underwear.  It's probably a mixture of discharge, leaking urine, and sweat.
  • Options
    well does it continue throughout the day?  If it's just a morning thing it could just be your discharge, etc...I notice it's a lot heavier in the a.m than it is in the evening. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've also heard that sometimes you only leak when you're in certain positions. When you stand up, the baby might be "blocking" the fluid from leaking out, which could explain why it's only leaking at night.
    image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    JJ1973JJ1973 member
    Definitely get it checked out - your doctor would want you to call on this one. Same thing happened to me and it turned out to be most likely urine/sweat/discharge pooling overnight. But, I was surprised at what a big deal they made out of it when I went in - they took it very seriously and were happy I called.
  • Options
    I have to change mine like twice a day...it REALLY grossed me out at first but has been going on for about 3 weeks now...apparently I didn't do enough Kegals... lol But your dr can test it really easily. It's as simple as a paper swipe thing and if it turns color its amniotic fluid...also if you are willing amniotic fluid smells sweet and urine smells like, well, amonia.....

BabyFetus Ticker

imageimage
  • Options

imagedangerkitty102:
    I've also heard that sometimes you only leak when you're in certain positions. When you stand up, the baby might be "blocking" the fluid from leaking out, which could explain why it's only leaking at night.

This is exactly what I was going to say - call.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"