Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Red/Auburn hair

If my baby has reddish/auburn hair now, I wonder if it'll stay? I know newborns hair changes alot, but does red hair?

I am brunette with brown eyes, daddy has brown/auburn hair and bright green eyes, we both have redheads on both sides of our families.

Re: Red/Auburn hair

• my SIL is more of a carrot redhead than i am (i'm more auburn). she has 4 kids, 3 of which seemed like they were going to be redheads and only one is staying red. her daughter is kinda strawberry-blonde still, but her youngest boy is the only one w/any kind of red hair now. the 2 older boys are brunettes like their daddy.

my baby is too young to say yet, imo. he has been seeming to be a brunette w/a little blonde up front. but, he is looking like the brown might be a nice auburn (i hope he keeps his daddy's complexion, though, b/c i burn badly w/in 15 minutes w/o sun protection outside--yikes!).

"A friend loves at all times..." Pr. 17:17 MY GOOGLEPAGES BIO imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My DH has strawberry-blond hair & green eyes (his hair was more red when he was younger; now it looks more light brownish) and I have brown hair & blue eyes.  Our DD#1 had his strawberry blond hair when she was born, but now it's just blonde.  I am very curious if it'll stay that way.  DD#2 has brown hair so far.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My older DD was born with dark brown hair that turned auburn. DD2 was born with auburn hair, so I'm curious to see how that turns out. :)
  • I have strawberry blonde hair (it gets darker as I get older though so it's probably more auburn now) and DS was born with the same color. He's almost three months old and so far it's stayed red. I'm hoping it sticks. I'd be really sad if it changed!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH red red red hair, I'm strawberry blonde, DS... brown hair.  It will probably change a little bit and we are hoping he goes red but DH's mom said he came out with red hair so we aren't holding our breath for DS's hair to go red. All I know is that newborn's hair color, like their eyes, changes in the first year.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"