Parenting
Options

Way TMI, but is this normal? Re:AF

This is going to be way tmi. 

I know AF was not like this before kids, but I was wondering if it was normal after kids.

It's been like this every month since having DD and now worse since having DS. I have excruciating pain in my lower back and all the way around to my belly, along with my hips. Heat helps, but I cannot lay on a heating pad all day. My vagina feels like it's going to fall out! The pain is awful. Pretty much the same vagina pain as toward the end of pregnancy.Then, the flow. It is so heavy and bright red with huge clots.

I keep telling myself this is just normal after having kids. I am going to make an appointment with my GYN, just curious if this is how it's supposed to be and I am a wimp. It makes it worse that I cannot even take a motrin.

Re: Way TMI, but is this normal? Re:AF

• Options
    I have a cycle like this every 4th cycle. It's brutal.
    Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Options
    That's what mine are like after having kids too.  My OB told me to take 800 mg of motrin and if that isn't enough she could give me something stronger. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I noticed changes in my cycle since having children. I used to have very painful periods, at times so painful I passed out and had to leave school. After children, the pain is almost non-exsistent, but the flow is heavy with clots. I'm also making an appointment with my OB.
  • Options
    Baby4OTBaby4OT member
    I don't have the lower back pain, but I do have that feeling like my vagina is going to fall out... it feels like a slightly milder pain to having just given birth. I've been wondering if it's something related to the cervix, but haven't been back to my midwives since my 6wk check after having DD2. I need to get on that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I don't have that much pain, but definitely much worse than before my first pregnancy and the flow is super heavy with freakishly large clots.  I also had flu-like symptoms for the first 6-7 premenstrual cycles after each pregnancy.  I kept calling sick into work and then I finally realized, cr*p, I called in with these exact symptoms a month ago, and that they were part of my PMS.  Lovely.  Now, I just get sinus infection-like symptoms before every AF, and am super tired, like first trimester tired.  I get so tired, I fall asleep driving.  Whenever that happens, I know my AF is coming in a day or two.

I think pregnancies just whack the hell out of our bodies. But it couldn't hurt to ask your doctor to see if there is something she/he could do to alleviate.

• Options
    That's how my cycles were pre-kids. Amazingly, they actually are lighter and pretty much no-pain since having kids. I think it's normal, but of course, it doesn't hurt to talk to your GYN.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"