Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Just curious (1st bday party clicky poll)

See below.
[Poll]
*** It's funny because I'm fat ***

Re: Just curious (1st bday party clicky poll)

• Options

I didn't want to celebrate something that didn't happen yet. HOWEVER if it was the only weekend that family would be in town then I would do it before her bday even though I didn't want to. I know lots of ppl do the party before the actual bday but I always want it either on the day or after. But if it came down to no family and a late bday party VS an early party with family then I would do it early. KWIM?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

DD's birthday was on a Friday so we had just family over for dinner and cake on that day. Her party was the next day (Saturday) with friends. It just worked out that way. I figure this year and next year we'll have her party on her actual birthday (Sat and Sun) since it'll fall on a weekend. For her fourth bday we'll do it the weekend before since her bday is on Dec 18 and pretty close to Christmas.

I would say do whatever you want!!! Enjoy the day :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS's birthday was on a Tuesday; we had the party the Saturday before.

This year his birthday is on a Wednesday (THIS Wednesday, sniff) and we're having the party this Saturday so it's 3 days 'late'.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    DS1 born June 2008 | m/c at 9w March 2011 | DS2 born April 2012
  • Options
    I got hung up on this too, and I was only having DS's one day before.  His birthday fell on a Monday and my family really only does Sunday parties, and the following Sunday was Father's Day.  So I did it the day before and felt slightly weird about it because he wasn't TECHNICALLY one yet.  But honestly, looking back, it was so not a big deal.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We had one the day before his birthday and one 9 days before his birthday. We were at my parents and had a little party there for my family who couldn't drive 5 hours to our house.
  • Options
    We had it the weekend before his birthday, so 2 days before.
  • Options
    IMO with them being so little, take advantage of scheduling conflicts while they have absolutely no clue what's going on anyway! You can always do something small yet special on their actual day if you really feel guilty about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS's b-day is Jan 2nd. So a week before is Xmas! We had it on the 9th. The places we wanted to rent were all close for the New Years Weekend!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    DD's birthday was on a Monday.  We celebrated her birthday the Saturday before. 
  • Options

imagevanillacourage:

This year his birthday is on a Wednesday (THIS Wednesday, sniff) and we're having the party this Saturday so it's 3 days 'late'.

We also have a June 2nd birthday and a June 5th party. It worked better for us to have it the weekend after, plus having it the weekend before would mean having it over Memorial Day weekend. I think it's whatever works best for you!

• Options

DD's is going to be 2 weeks later. We live in Alaska, but our families live in Seattle so we're flying down to have her party there. Since her birthday was this weekend we didn't want to travel on the Memorial Day holiday (we fly non-rev as DH works for an airline, standby would be next to impossible), next weekend didn't work for everyone so we scheduled it on the 12th.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Well last year we had it 3 days after his birthday (the first available saturday) but this year due to scheduling conflicts with Grandma, we are having  it 5 days early.

I so don't think it is a big deal. At all. 

Aiden 6-17-2008 Baby #2 due December 22, 2011
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    DS1 was born on a saturday, so his first bday was on a Sunday.  DS2's actual first birthday will be a Wednesday. (The wednesday before thanksgiving, at that.)  So we're thinking we'll do his the weekend before.

• Options

Our LOs' birthday is January 6, so we'll probably always have it on or after their actual birthday to keep it as far away from Christmas as possible! ;) This year we had it on the Saturday after, January 9th.

I don't think there's anything wrong with having it earlier, though if it was a month or more earlier I might find that a little odd. ;)

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    DD's 1st birthday fell right on the right day, but this year her party will be the day before. Having it on a weekday just doesn't work w/our work schedules.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I put that we had ours right on but it was actually the day after so it could be on a saturday.  I would make it for the weekend either before or after if it fell in the middle of the week.  I would probably ask my parents or other VIP guests until I found someone with a conflict and then pick the other weekend weather it was before or after.  I don't think I would do it more than a week before or after though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"