Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

How would you ask this?

DH's grandfather makes the cutest wooden toys for all of his grand children. Like little cars, animals, and houses. I would love for him to make DS some wooden blocks and teethers. I was looking at them on etsy but they are like $30. I was showing them to DH and he said 'Oh grandad can make those'.

How can we ask him to make them? Can I even? I know he would love to make LO something he can use now. He probably doesn't know what to make a 7 month old though. Can I ask in a non-tacky way?

Re: How would you ask this?

• Options
    How about telling him you were looking at wooden toys online and you realized that he made nicer ones and ask if he can make a few? He'll probably be flattered.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hmm.. I would have DH ask ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LSU628LSU628 member
    I would just tell him you really admire his craftsmanship. Ask him if you buy the supplies, would he be willing to make some for your LO? Maybe show him the pictures of what you have in mind. I think he would be flattered.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I would just ask. Say "I know you make such wonderful toys for the other kids. I found these and was wondering if you'd be able to make them?" Then I'd show him a picture and offer to pay him for materials and labor. I'm sure he'll refuse, but at least you offered.
    Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • Options
    I bet grandad would be flattered you asked!  You can offer to pay for them or at least the materials and see what he says. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! Good ideas as always!
  • Options
    imagekatie_cj@hotmail.com:
    How about telling him you were looking at wooden toys online and you realized that he made nicer ones and ask if he can make a few? He'll probably be flattered.
    This- or have your DH ask him. Or just mention to him that you'd like some like that and see if he offers. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagekatie_cj@hotmail.com:
    This. We asked my Granpa to make DS a wooden toybox, and we just told him that wanted him to do so DS would always have something his Great-Granpa made for him. He was thrilled to do it! I'm sure your DH's grandfather will be also! ETA: Excuse the typos, I'm on my phone :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"