Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Not sure if I should take him...

There's a big baby shower at work on Thursday for four girls (yup, 4!) that I'm friends with.  I'm planning on going since I haven't seen any of my co-workers since LO was born.  He'll be just over 3 weeks and I'm not sure if I should take him.  If I didn't let people hold him, it's really no different than taking him to the store, right?  It's also not like I don't know everyone so I'd feel completely comfortable telling people they can't touch him or asking them to keep their distance if they're sick...
Formerly known as elmoali :)

Re: Not sure if I should take him...

• was he invited?

Thats the most important question.

• imageIrishBrideND:

was he invited?

This. and if he was, are you comfortable with telling people to stay away?

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageIrishBrideND:

was he invited?

I can't tell if you're joking :)  This isn't a "personal" shower being thrown by someone, like at someone's house.  It's just a cake party for all our coworkers in the cafeteria for like a half hour so he's definitely welcome :) We're overrun with babies and babies to be where I work so everyone is always very excited when a new one comes to visit!

• imageIrishBrideND:

was he invited?

This.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks everyone...yup, he's definitely welcome to come.  The pregnant girls are even asking if he can come because they'll be on maternity leave in a couple of weeks and want to meet him before they're busy with their own LOs :)

• If you are taking him to show him off, yet you want people to stay away from him, I wouldn't do it. That hard to pull off. If you weren't taking him to show off and you could just stick him in the corner away from people, then I think thats possible.
  • I wouldn't think twice about taking him. He will most likely be in his carseat the whole time anyway (unless you are nursing or need to change him). There may not even be an opportunity for anyone to hold him. Go ahead and show him off. :-)

• If he's welcome I would totally take him. I would probably wear him so people didn't get the urge to be in his face.
  • I wouldn't.  I didn't take LO where there were a lot of people until after he had his shots.  Besides the fact that he hasn't had his shots, I would think a big party is A LOT of stimulation for a 3 week old baby...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"