Texas Babies

Does SA have a farmer's market?

It seems like produce at HEB is SO expensive for what we get. I'd rather spend the same price if I knew it was grown here. It would be better if it were cheaper
Photobucket

Re: Does SA have a farmer's market?

• Yes, here is the link. Enjoy!
  • swoop24swoop24 member
    I was also going to mention the farmer's market at the Pearl - it's awesome. We've gone several times and they always have good stuff.  I think they often have cooking demos and music, too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • There are several of them. There is one off of Evers Rd. that my parents go to all of the time. I love their produce.
  • The Pearl Farmers Market is nice, but very, very crowded. I don't feel like you get an opportunity to really talk to some of the farmers like you do at some of the other farmers markets in town. But they do have a nice selection and so many vendors that offer a lot more than just produce. Plus its a cool location & vibe.

We usually got to the Leon Springs Farmers Market which is part of the Hill Country Farmers Market Association.

https://www.hillcountryfarmersmarket.org/Home_Page.php

We've been very pleased with the selection, especially recently. We got a huge bag of okra for $4 - probably 2-3 times as much as you get at HEB for the same price. Our FM is not nearly as big but we've gotten to know a couple of the vendors we regularly purchase from. In addition to produce there are vendors offering meat, eggs, honey, jams, etc. There's usually someone there with plants and herbs as well.

The Pearl FM is the closest you'll come to what you'll find somewhere like San Francisco, and it's still a LONG, LONG ways off from that. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"