Northern California Babies
Options

Housecleaners & damage

Our housecleaners put an eight inch scratch in our hardwood floors today.  The owner of the company is coming by to look at it.

What would you expect to happen in this situation?

TIA

Smile

Re: Housecleaners & damage

• Options

accidents happen, I wouldn't expect them to fix it or refund my cleaning fee for the day.

I don't have a signed policy with my cleaning lady stating that she is responsible for replacing broken/damaged items.

• Options

I would expect that a cleaning company would have insurance to cover the damage and would expect them to pay to have it fixed. Our housecleaner is self-employed and I would just expect that she be honest and apologize, but not cover the cost of repair.

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    roxy_jjroxy_jj member
    Our housecleaners have broken a couple of things.  Both times they were very apologetic and we did not ask them to to pay for anything.  If it were something large or super expensive to repair, we probably would have asked them to pay for the repair.  
    Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
  • Options
    If you use someone that is licensed, bonded & insured...then I would expect them to pay for it. That is why they have all that coverage. One of our past cleaners broke a picture frame and was very apolgetic. She even offered to pay for it but I wouldn't let her. I didn't like it that much and I have ton of them. The fact that she offered was fine with me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"