Eco-Friendly Family
Options

All you SAHMs..

Big kudos to all of you. I don't know how you do it. I go crazy staying home with DS. I love going to work and getting away for 6 hours. Hope that doesn't make me sound crazy, but wow I do not know how you do it. It really is hard work trying to tend to a LO all day. I just feel like DS cries and is grumpy all day when I stay at home with him on my days off. My SIL watches him and says he is so good during the day. Maybe it's just me being his food source and wanting it all the time and me not letting him have it all day long.

All I can say to those people who think it's easy is: don't knock it till you try it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: All you SAHMs..

• Options
    Yes  I often feel the same way.  Work has saved my sanity many a day!  Though it does get easier and now that DS is mobile and talking a bit he is tons more fun, but it still is not easy taking care of him all day.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Aw thanks!!  It can be difficult but on days when DS is mr. grumpster we usually go somewhere for a change of scenery.  I don't see how working moms do it.  I cannot imagine how you would get everything done at home and work.  That takes impressive time management skills!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think both are hard! I'm a failure at both ! LOL! I work full time and never seem to have time for anything. And cleaning durring the week, forget it! But then I have 5 days off like this weekend and I can't wait!! everythings clean, laundry almost done, DD is very cranky and clingy and I can't wait till tomorrow! I feel bad about that but my job is so close to home I have a 1 hour lunch that I go home for and Thur and Fri I work till noon so I see her often when I'm working. Working and staying home is hard work heck just being a mom is hard!
  • Options
    I'm usually a SAHM, but I've been working a tempt job for the last month, with about a month to go.....knowing that it's temp is the only thing thats keeping me going...being away from my little guy is torture......It's always interesting to walk on tbe other side of the fence for a while.
  • Options
    luvlieKluvlieK member
    Can you email my dh?  kthanxbye
    47 months &
    11 months
  • Options
    I felt like that in the beginning but once we got into a routine and I had felt her out everything is great. I dread going back to work. I don't know how people juggle work and baby. Just thinking about it stresses me out.
  • Options

imageluvlieK:
    Can you email my dh?  kthanxbye

haha yea. My BIL bashes on me and my SIL since we are home with our kid (s), (me not so much at home anymore since I've gone back to work part time). He thinks it's the easiest job and that we are always relaxing, playing around, putting our feet up, watching TV. I'm like just wait till you have kids buddy..

• Options

imageKrystalD7:
    I felt like that in the beginning but once we got into a routine and I had felt her out everything is great. I dread going back to work. I don't know how people juggle work and baby. Just thinking about it stresses me out.

Yea, it is tough juggling and leaving DS, but I need the time away to keep myself sane. I guess some people are meant to stay home and some are not. I do agree that once DS is in a routine it will be a lot easier.

• Options
    imagenikll34:

imageKrystalD7:

Yea, it is tough juggling and leaving DS, but I need the time away to keep myself sane. I guess some people are meant to stay home and some are not. I do agree that once DS is in a routine it will be a lot easier.

I do miss the adult time, my days are filled with baby toys and talking to her and as much as I love it, it sure gets old. I have to hand her off to DH when he gets home so I can get out by my self sometimes.

I went back to work at Christmas to help out and wanted to stab myself in the eyeballs with spoons, I hated it so much and I missed her. Grass is always greener right?

• Options

I sah and can honestly say it's hard to find a balance. I went back to work and couldn't deal.  I hated being away from ds, was having trouble keeping everything under control.  As a stay at home mom though, I often go crazy and wish I could work a few hours a week.  I am hoping that when the job market gets better, being an attorney, I can work part time.  Being a mom in general is tough!

Alicia
    Mom to Three Sweet Things
    Lifestyle Blog and Health and Wellness
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"