Parenting after 35
Options

Hi Ladies!! Back from KY, Missed you guys.

Just got back from H's first airplane ride to KY. He did great both there and back. I am so proud. I was panicking for weeks but it all worked out. Thanks for all the travel advice awhile back. I totally followed your suggestions and it was perfect. H only had trouble sleeping at night while we were away. He would go down same time as home but then he would wake up several times a night. I am praying he sleeps better tonight because this momma is tired! Oh and you ladies that live around Louisville, you really live in a beautiful area. We were staying Prospect where DH's family has a place. I didn't get to see much of Louisville the city, but I will next time around. So what has everyone been up too?

Re: Hi Ladies!! Back from KY, Missed you guys.

• Options

Is there still that great BBQ joint in Prospect?   Used to drive up there from Lou just to get my rib fix.  Great sauces.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

So funny - when I read about H's first plane ride I thought, "Wow, her husband has never traveled on a plane?" Ha ha! I'm a little slow..glad the trip went well!

I have been absent myself. Just having an awesome weekend. Am off to catch up now!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Welcome back!   Sorry to hear that H kept waking... that's what Aaron did on our vacation in April.  I'm praying that he'll do better when we go away for a long weekend (to see DH's best friend in VA) in July.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options

Great that he did so well on the plane.

He will probably sleep great tonight in his own environment. Here's hoping!

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Bride...I didn't know there was a really good rib joint in Prospect. Whats the name?

Thanks Robin and Daisy.

Robyn, I did remember you having the same problem. I actually thought of you quite often at 1:30 in the monring. :-) I was thinking maybe he would do better in his own PNP. We used the travel peapod which worked great when we did an overnight at a friends a while ago, but I think when we go to NC in July we are bringing the PNP.

Daisy...you were right H slept like an angel. He stirred a bit at 4am but put himself right back to sleep.

• Options

Welcome back Kristina!

I'd love to hear what tips you have for managing the airport and the plan, as we've got our vacation in August, and it's going to be a looong flight (from Florida to Washington state).

• Options
    M.AmyM.Amy member
    Welcome back!
  • Options
    Of course you'd ask that!  I have no idea what it's called.  I lived in Lou in the early 1990s, so it's long since forgotten.  But they had great ribs and BBQ and a Jack Daniels sauce that was awesome.  Plus, you got to make that lovely drive past all the horse farms.  Loved it!
  • Options
    I'm from Louisville - moved out to AZ to be with DH.  I go home to see my family 4-5 times a year.  The BBQ joint...are you thinking of Vince Staten's BBQ?  He is well known out there for awesome BBQ & sauces.  He was also my computer journalism professor at U of L.  He used to give all his students coupons for free BBQ sandwiches...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageCaptainD:
    I'm from Louisville - moved out to AZ to be with DH.  I go home to see my family 4-5 times a year.  The BBQ joint...are you thinking of Vince Staten's BBQ?  He is well known out there for awesome BBQ & sauces.  He was also my computer journalism professor at U of L.  He used to give all his students coupons for free BBQ sandwiches...

How have I lived here for 11 years and NEVER knew this place existed?!?  I love good BBQ!

• Options
    Hurray, glad you had a great trip!  Welcome back!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"