Parenting
Options

XP - Diapers Leaking at Night?

The girls never had this problem, but DS keeps leaking through his diaper at night.  DH jokingly told me that I would just have to always change him in the middle of the night.  But he will be STTN soon and there's no way I'm waking him just to change him.  I've tried the Costco (Kirkland) size 1/2 and the Pampers Swaddlers size 2.  He leaks through less often with the Pampers.  He's only 13 lbs and the size 3s (usually start at 16 lbs) of Kirklands are swimming on him - to the point where it'd just run out the leg holes.  I didn't actually try an overnight with it since it was so ridiculous on him.  Any other ideas?  What brand of diapers do you use on your boys?  I'm tucking his little penis down, but he still only seems to fill up the front of the diaper and not the back.  Any other suggestions/recommendations?  Thanks!

Re: XP - Diapers Leaking at Night?

• Options
    I used Pampers with DD, but Huggies and Target Up and UP are teh only thing that works on DS he leaks at night through everything else. Huggies work the best for us.
  • Options
    We had to go with larger diapers and diaper doublers- my boys always pee'd through.

~Lisa
    Mum to Owen and Lucas Daisypath Wedding tickers>
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used Pampers Swaddlers with all three boys, but didn't they change them to the Dry Max?  We had a few poop leaks after they changed the Cruisers, so we've switched to Huggies.  I like that I can buy them in bulk from Costco, too.
  • Options
    When DS1 went through this I used diaper doublers. And once we ran out of those I cut up old diapers that didn't fit anymore to put inside the new ones for extra absorbency.
    imageimage
    Alex (11/14/06) and Nate (5/25/10)
    "Want what you have, do what you can, be who you are." - Rev. Forrest Church
  • Options

I hear you.  I cloth diaper and am desperately trying to find a stay dry solution for a boy. . . I thought I had it figured out with DD, but this is a whole new story.

He's got disposibles on at night for now. . . with a change or two.

imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • Options
    Ok, I'm trying the Kirkland size 3s we have in the house.  They're up to his armpits, but it's worth a try.  What are these diaper doublers and where do I get some??
  • Options
    My friend was having this issue with her 12wk son, I told her to try Huggie Supremes and be sure the penis is always pointed down. She told me it worked, so I vote Huggies Supreme. Worked for me with DS when he was little and worked for my friend. Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"