Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Can you ladies help me with the temping thing?

Hi all I popped in last week, just need a little help.

I've tried using the FF website but am super confused. I have also started reading taking charge of your fertility, still a little confused.

I have decided to start writing down my temps in a date book until I can reallty get a handle on how this thing works. I think this is what TCOYF is explaining,

temping from CD1, when you have a consistent rise in your temp for more than 3 days you're ovulating? I know that cervical mucus can help and I am actually going to be checking that and monitoring my cervix. Do I have the temping right? once the rise starts I should be ovulating? I know hindsight is the only way to really tell when i'm ovulating but please help me understand if I have the concept right?

Re: Can you ladies help me with the temping thing?

• Options
    Perhaps do the FF tutorials?
    Photobucket
    aCg 3.1.07 | hCr 5.5.11
  • Options

You say that you have 'tried using' the FF website, but it doesn't sound like you have taken the tutorials. Take them. They will help a lot.

However, to answer some of your questions:

1. You begin temping on CD1, which is the first day of your period (red flow, not spotting).

2. You take that temp every morning at the same time before you get out of bed. You need to set your alarm and take your temp at the same time, even on weekends and holidays. :)

3. When you take your temp, you go to FF.com, and click "enter data". FF will create your chart for you when you enter the temps.

4. Enter cervical mucus. At the first sign of fertile CM (watery or ewcm) there is a chance that you "could be" fertile, but like you said, your actual day of ovulation will only be marked after it has already happened. The other signs can help predict it, and after several cycles, you may begin to see a pattern.

5. Once you get 3 temps higher than the previous 6, FF will give you Cross hairs (CH), which are placed on the day that FF believes you ovulated.

Any other questions? Hope that helps.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSarahL77:

You say that you have 'tried using' the FF website, but it doesn't sound like you have taken the tutorials. Take them. They will help a lot.

However, to answer some of your questions:

1. You begin temping on CD1, which is the first day of your period (red flow, not spotting).

2. You take that temp every morning at the same time before you get out of bed. You need to set your alarm and take your temp at the same time, even on weekends and holidays. :)

3. When you take your temp, you go to FF.com, and click "enter data". FF will create your chart for you when you enter the temps.

4. Enter cervical mucus. At the first sign of fertile CM (watery or ewcm) there is a chance that you "could be" fertile, but like you said, your actual day of ovulation will only be marked after it has already happened. The other signs can help predict it, and after several cycles, you may begin to see a pattern.

5. Once you get 3 temps higher than the previous 6, FF will give you Cross hairs (CH), which are placed on the day that FF believes you ovulated.

Any other questions? Hope that helps.

Damn, Sarah. You're a saint.

Photobucket
    aCg 3.1.07 | hCr 5.5.11
  • Options
    seoul09seoul09 member
    Thanks Ladies. I actually did take the tutorials and I was still a little confused. I will keep trying and keep inputting the dates.
  • Options

imageseoul09:
    Thanks Ladies. I actually did take the tutorials and I was still a little confused. I will keep trying and keep inputting the dates.

You did ALL of the tutorials in a week? Confused Wow.

Ok, well then just keep at it..It should become easier with time. Looking at other people's charts can be helpful in learning how to understand them as well.

Good luck.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    seoul09seoul09 member
    No I didn't do them all in a week. I lost my baby at 5 weeks in April and signed up the week I lost . Have been reading and trying to figure it out waiting for AF to come. she finally arrived last week so now I am ready to get back in the baby making business
  • Options

imageseoul09:
    No I didn't do them all in a week. I lost my baby at 5 weeks in April and signed up the week I lost . Have been reading and trying to figure it out waiting for AF to come. she finally arrived last week so now I am ready to get back in the baby making business

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Do give the tutorials a look-- they're extremely helpful. :)  Best of luck to you, Seoul.

• Options
    seoul09seoul09 member

Thanks ladies. I know it seems "fool proof" specially with FF so please bear with me, I may come with thousands (kidding only hundreds) of questions. lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"