Parenting
Options

How to get DH out of the house for party

I am throwing DH a surprise party for his 40th bday. I have no clue how I am going to get him out of the house for a few hours so I can decorate and get the food ready. I asked a friend of his to help but he is unsure of what to do with him for a few hours (maybe take him out for a beer?)  Any suggestions?

Re: How to get DH out of the house for party

• Options
    Could you have a friend ask him to "help" do something? Like a household or car type project. Then they could have a beer or something afterward to kill time until you are ready. Another idea would be for a friend to take him to a guy type movie that you would never want to go to. Then you DH wouldn't be suspicious as to why it was just he and his friend going.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    A movie, golfing, shooting, or any other hobby your DH and friend may have.... or like the PP said, have him help with a project around the house. Smile GL!
    Marcey
    Kaden William 11/4/06 and Dawson Michael 6/30/10
    Dawson's first birthday - at the zoo
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How about a round of golf or heading to a gun range?  Is there an expo center nearby that has a show that your DH would like? 
  • Options

I had a couple of DH's friends take him out to the bar to watch a game.  He didn't suspect a thing.  Even if he had, after a few beers at the bar, I think he forgot.  ;-)

If that doesn't work, does his mom need help around the house or something?  If you act annoyed about it, it will probably throw him off.  LOL

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options
    Every once in a while, I ask DH to take DD out for a few hours so that I can get something accomplished. They go to man stores that I'm not interested in, cruise around the mall, and then usually meet a friend for sushi. Could you ask him for a similar favor?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"