Eco-Friendly Family
Options

My SIL is a tool.

I made a comment today about considering getting a window A/C unit for our house because it was getting unbearable.  She says to me, "Oh, please.  I went through two pregnancies, due in September, without A/C.  It's really not that bad.  And you have three more months.  You better buck up now and stop your complaining."

Seriously?  I wanted to throw back, "Well, maybe you're stronger than me.  Or maybe the fact that you're a native and had never known the wonders of A/C in your home have you immune to the heat.  But I'm tired of shoving ice packs down my shirt to sleep.  I'm tired of throwing up from the heat whenever I try to clean the house.  And I'm tired of you being a total tool and pointing out the million ways you think I'm weak & whiny."

But instead I said, "I'm going to get a popsicle and go outside."  Because, you know, I'm weak & whiny.  Anyway, she's a tool.

/vent

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: My SIL is a tool.

• Options
    Sorry, she is a tool.  I have to have A/C.  I have had it my whole life.  I don't like being hot even before I got pregnant.  Try not to let it get to you.  everyone is different.  If A/C will make you more comfortable, get it.
  • Options

How sweet of her. *hands Dobie popsicle*

Would you like my mom's phone number? She's better with things like that.. "The day you were born it was 118 degrees and we didn't have AC. Make sure you have your AC on." or "We didn't get ultrasounds unless the baby or mom was in trouble. Be grateful that you get so many and make plenty of copies for me." or "You didn't get drugs unless you were in trouble. Take the drugs, don't be a martyr." The last one was after I told her that pre-1930s no one really used drugs for birth and that if they did it, so can I. She didn't get drugs btw. 

Natural M/C-> 10/21/09

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge
    Adrienne has read 16 books toward her goal of 80 books.
    hide
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lar1203lar1203 member
    don't you just love those comments??
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'll just remember today when she wants to hang out in my lovely air conditioned living room. lol
  • Options

Why are you still here?  Go get the A/C! 

Your SIL is, indeed, a complete tool.  And not the useful sort, either.  

• Options

::singsong::

Somebody needs a throat punch, somebody needs a throat punch...

Mother's Day, 2011
  • Options
    luvlieKluvlieK member
    Dobie, there are people all over the world dying and you want AC?  Shame on you!
    47 months &
    11 months
  • Options

imageluvlieK:
    Dobie, there are people all over the world dying and you want AC?  Shame on you!

Yeah, I'm not going to give up my heat in the winter, either.  Totally spoiled & selfish.  I know. lol

• Options

dude, i'm just barely pg and the heat is killing me.  if we didn't have a/c units in our bedrooms, i'd probably be behind bars for breaking and entering into anyone's house that DID have a/c.

tell your sister to stfu and get us both popsicles. 

• Options

Deal.  Which do you want?  I have strawberry, grape & lime.

::hands joes box of popsicles::

• Options
    ours broke and i made dh buy a new one that same day when i was pg with D. and i even live in the mtns where it's not insane hot. why sit in the heat when you don't have to? i call her dumb and crazy.
    Mama to D 6.16.08 and C 3.11.10
    Tales of the Wife

imageimage
  • Options
    imageDobie_Mama:

Deal.  Which do you want?  I have strawberry, grape & lime.

::hands joes box of popsicles::

lime!!! 

• Options
    Yep, she's a tool!

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • Options

What a douchnozzle.

And when she asks to come over tell her that S is sick with something really contagious so it's not safe.  Make her sweat.  Biatch.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"