Central Florida Babies
Options

Baby Shower Location - Ideas?

My shower was originally going to be in my home, but the guest list has out grown its capacity!  I don't want to spend too much, because I have to pay for my own shower even though my mother and sisters are "hosting" (they have no money). 

It will be a Sunday morning in July.  I was thinking a brunch.

Any ideas?

Re: Baby Shower Location - Ideas?

• Options

How many people will you have? 

What's your per person budget?

What side of town are you interested in?

• Options
    My mom threw one of my showers at Trish's Tea in Baldwin Park. It would be great for a Sunday morning. Everyone that came really enjoyed it. It is not huge, so I am not sure how many people they can accomodate...it's worth checking out though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The guest list is currently running close to 50 women.  I prefer a $10 per person budget max. 

I live in East Orlando, so ideally something between downtown and East Orlando.

Thanks in advance for your help!  =)

• Options
    imageAutum:

The guest list is currently running close to 50 women.  I prefer a $10 per person budget max. 

I work in events, you'll be hard pressed to find a location that does food and venue for $10 inclusive - that's less than $8.50 per person once you include gratuity and sales tax   :( 

I'd suggest checking into some of the city recreation areas (pavillions, etc) and then doing your own food. 

Altering the time of day can also be a cost saver.  A brunch shower (around 10:30) is easier on the budget than lunch.  Or you could do a "sweet" shower (ice cream social/desserts) around 3pm.

Good luck in your search for a location!  Let us know what you find out.  

• Options
    imageAutum:

another option would be to trim your guest list.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"