Success after IF

Craigslist pricing question

I want to sell a plastic set of table and chairs we got maybe a year and a half ago for a wood one.  We bought it for maybe $45 and it's in excellent condition, hardly ever used.  How much should I sell it for?  I've never sold anything on Craigslist so this is a first for me.

Thanks!

Re: Craigslist pricing question

• I bought a great condition set of Little Tykes table and chairs for $20 on CL.   My rule of thumb when selling is never more than half of what I paid for it.
  • I'd start at $30.
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • honestly, i always list for the most i can imagine for it, because people on craigslist expect to haggle.

I have no problem, if it's in perfect/clean condition, listing for $40 and accepting the first $25 you get offered.

When I list on craigslist (i listed 7 things this morning), I always list for one price, but in my head I know the lowest I'll accept for it.

Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'd start with $30 and expect to be haggled.  Meet in a public place when you sell it!  Like a busy parking lot.  Don't have someone come to your house.
    imageimageimage
    TTC #1: IUI #2 = BFP , Betas 550 (16 dpiui), 1523 (18 dpiui)
    Hypothyroid, LPD, FSH 13.0, TTC 2 yrs B4 BFP

TTC #2: FSH 23, AMA, IUI 1, 2, 3 = BFN, IVF #1 = MC
    IVF #2 = BFP - Betas 194 (14dp2dt), 366 (16 dp2dt), 841 (18 dp2dt)
    (vanished twin ~7 weeks)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I would start at 30 and would take as low as 20.
  • If it were me, and I wanted to get rid of it quickly without much hassle, I would list it for $25 and come down to $20 when haggled.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • cmw&tdmcmw&tdm member

imagechoco_lab:
    I'd start with $30 and expect to be haggled.  Meet in a public place when you sell it!  Like a busy parking lot.  Don't have someone come to your house.

I'm going to have DH handle that.  One other thing I thought of was payment.  Should I say cash only?

• imagecmw&tdm:

imagechoco_lab:
    I'd start with $30 and expect to be haggled.  Meet in a public place when you sell it!  Like a busy parking lot.  Don't have someone come to your house.

I'm going to have DH handle that.  One other thing I thought of was payment.  Should I say cash only?

I think craigslist is usually assumed to be cash only - but you can certainly specify if you want to.

When I list more expensive items, I list that i'll accept paypal too.

Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"