Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Where to put the changing table?

For about a year or so (give or take) the baby will be sleeping in our room.  We have a large space and a connected bathroom that is a pretty good size as well.  We are doing cloth diapers and so any poopy diapers will have to be sprayed (using diaper sprayer attached to toilet) before going into the laundry bag.  Would it be better to have the changing table in our bedroom so I can quickly change a wet diaper or take 3 extra steps to the bathroom to change the baby when I may have to go there anyway.  Suggestions?  Sorry I hope this is understandable what I'm asking.

Re: Where to put the changing table?

• Options
    Sounds like you have enough room in the bathroom - I'd go with that, personally.  I WISH our bathrooms were anything close to that big, but we will have a separate room for the LO, so we will have everything in there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i agree with the poster above-- i'd put it in the bathroom.  it's so much easier to have everything you need in one place when you've got a squirmy newborn :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with pp's. If you have the room, put it in the bathroom. It'll make things much easier with a newborn and having to rinse off the CD's.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  That's what I was thinking but I didn't know if you were "supposed" to keep everything right close together or if it would be strange in there.  This is my first so we're silly-excited and that also leads to silly questions.  Thanks!
  • Options

My initial thought was in the bathroom also, but then I thought about this: What are you going to do with baby while you are spraying out the diaper? 

You can't leave baby on the changing table and you probably need two hands to spray out the diaper.  So wouldn't it probably be better if the changing table is closer to the crib, so you can put the baby back there before taking care of the diaper?  Just a thought!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    a little bit of life : A blog about the life of a working, crafting, adventuring family of 4.
  • Options
    ours in in her bathroom...  we figured it would just be easier having everything right there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"