Multiples
Options

Rice cereal

This might be a dumb question, but I'm posting anyway.  When do you give your babies rice cereal?   We tried to give it to our girls right before bedtime and it was a total failure.  Is there a better time of day, and will it still help them sleep longer at night?

Re: Rice cereal

• Options

When I first started, we gave it at their first feeding, they were hungrier from STTN and seemed to have a bigger appetite.

Everything I have heard is that it will not help them sleep longer/STTN. The cereal is for practice eating, they are still getting their nutrition from their formula/BM for the first year.

Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    janjagjanjag member
    imagelisa&andy:

When I first started, we gave it at their first feeding, they were hungrier from STTN and seemed to have a bigger appetite.

Everything I have heard is that it will not help them sleep longer/STTN. The cereal is for practice eating, they are still getting their nutrition from their formula/BM for the first year.

this

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just started rice cereal about 2 weeks ago.  Right now we are giving it to them once a day, at "dinner time" which is their 6:00 feeding.  We give the cereal to them after the 6:00 bottle and then they have 1 more bottle at 8:30 for bed. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I asked about this at our 4 mon appt and our Dr said nothing but BM or formula until 6 mos. so that's what we're doing. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"